no Internet connectivity on Parallels 19 running macOS 14

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MHWill, Oct 19, 2023.

1. crazymelki

crazymelki Junior Member

Okidoki....I did edit this network.desktop.xml file for the test on my physical machine....After that I did bring it back to default.....But let me try again..will send you the ID soon. and then will go back to default.

2. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello,
    I've opened a ticket for you to check it with a support engineer. Please expect an email shortly.

3. crazymelki

crazymelki Junior Member

ok....I closed my Parallels Desktop....did edit the network.desktop.xml file...then created a new macOS VM....And Internet connection is here....it seems to be working fine...Thanks for the workaround.

Daniele32 and Mikhail Ushakov like this.
  4. KevenK

KevenK Bit poster

===
    I am having the same problem. Sonoma VM networking not working in Parallels 19.
    The above workaround "<SystemFlags>devices.net.use_naptd_for_macvm=0</SystemFlags>" seems to have fixed networking for me.
    Kindly roll out a patch to Parallels 19 resolve this issue so the workaround does not have to be done.
    Thanks

Mikhail Ushakov likes this.
  5. FrancoisA

FrancoisA Bit poster

Your solution worked like a charm, thank you!

6. JerryS10

JerryS10 Bit poster

I'm facing the same issue :( I've spent 2 days trying to fix this, I already did all the above steps, and nothing works.
    I have a MacOS Sonoma 14.1 (23B74).
    My Parallel Virtual Machine is a Windows 11 Enterprise OS.
    I suddenly lost access to internet in the virtual machine, in the host machine it works.

- I already updated this line (<SystemFlags>devices.net.use_naptd_for_macvm=0</SystemFlags>) in the network.desktop.xml file but it didn't work.
    - I have executed these 2 commands in the windows VM:
    1. ipconfig /release
    2. ipconfig /renew
    - I have done all troubleshooting steps here: Fix network issues in a Windows virtual machine (parallels.com) but nothing worked.

It was working 2 days ago, suddenly it failed and haven't been able to fix it in 2 days.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

7. JimN6

JimN6 Bit poster

Having the same issue after I upgraded to version 19. My windows VM works fine, but the Mac OS 14.1 has no network connectivity. Kinda sorry I spent the money at this point. Let's hope there is a fix soon.

8. crazymelki

crazymelki Junior Member

@Mikhail Ushakov do I have to clean the network.desktop.xml file before installing Parallels Desktop 19.1.1?
    Thank you for the update and fast fix...Great job! keep it going.

9. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Yes, it's better to reset it to the default settings:
    1. Remove the devices.net.use_naptd_for_macvm=0 flag from the SystemFlags:
    <SystemFlags>devices.net.use_naptd_for_macvm=0</SystemFlags>
    to make it look like:
    <SystemFlags></SystemFlags>
    Just for your convenience, the previous instructions were provided here.
    2. Save the changes and update Parallels Desktop to 19.1.1.
    3. Share your feedback if it works for you :)

10. crazymelki

crazymelki Junior Member

Workaround is deleted and everything is working fine after the upgrade to 19.1.1......:)
    Thanks you and your team mates.

11. Daniele32

Daniele32 Bit poster

Thanks for your reply! The part where you wrote that you created a new VM helped me solve the issue.

12. Daniele32

Daniele32 Bit poster

The workaround worked for me. Although I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of Parallels Desktop, the installation of Windows 11 stopped because of the mentioned connectivity issues (Sonoma OS on M2 Mac).

I edited the file specified in the workaround and deleted the VM that was previously trying to install. After creating a new one, everything seems to be working fine.

13. EddieV2

EddieV2 Bit poster

Hello,

After following the directions for the workaround and deleting and recreating a Sonoma VM with the workaround included, I still have no internet access on the latest version of Parallels on an M1 running 14.2. The guest VM is a 14.1.1 image.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <ParallelsNetworkConfig schemaVersion="1.0" dyn_lists="VirtualNetworks 1">
    <SystemFlags>devices.net.use_naptd_for_macvm=0</SystemFlags>
    <IPv6Enabled>1</IPv6Enabled>
    <UseKextless>-1</UseKextless>
    <StartNaptd>-1</StartNaptd>
    <NATDAllowEtcHostsWrite>1</NATDAllowEtcHostsWrite>
    <UDPSendBufSize>4106</UDPSendBufSize>
    <VirtualNetworks id="0" dyn_lists="VirtualNetwork 4">

If you'd like any more information, please let me know.

14. DonC13

DonC13 Bit poster

I am having the same issue and find it difficult to believe there hasn't been a resolution to this yet. I've tried everything including the <SystemFlags>, downgrading parallels to 18, reinstalling tools, and creating a new vm from scratch. I'm on the latest Mac OS with the latest v19 of Parallels. I believe I've tried most everything listed on these forums with no luck.

Technical Report ID: 444517669

Thank you for your help,
    Don

15. Zshrc

Zshrc Member

Still broken on macOS 14.1.2 and Parallels 19.1.1 (54734)...
    Any update on this?

16. VitaliiA1

VitaliiA1 Bit poster

Same problem for me. After updating to Sonoma my VM Windows on Parallels v19 doesn't have internet.
    I tried all the tricks mentioned here - nothing.

17. Jane444

Jane444 Junior Member

Hello,
    same problem, no internet connectivity in macOS Ventura VM after upgrade Parallels Desktop to 19.1.1 (54734).
    Running on Mac Mini with T2 chip, MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2. In Windows 10 VM, the connectivity remains functional.
    I have tried everything listed here with no success. Only when downgrading to the previous version, the internet connection works again in macOS VM.

Thanks for your help.

18. Jane444

Jane444 Junior Member

And unfortunately, the technical report cannot be sent due to an error:
    Unable to send the technical data report. Please check your network settings and try again.

19. Jane444

Jane444 Junior Member

Finally report sent, the report ID: 445182150

20. Jane444

Jane444 Junior Member

Hello,
    The internet connection seems to be working again after updating to the version 19.2.0 (54827). So now I don't need any help.
    Best regards.