No physical network adapter for shared networking in parallels 4.0

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by eelco, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

2. Ariel Lindgren

Ariel Lindgren Bit poster

Actually, I solved the problem after finding this article. I ran the clean up and after that, the network card was detected correctly.

3. DevonS

DevonS Bit poster

Thanks for the link.
    That worked for me too.

4. manneca

manneca Bit poster

I'm having precisely the same problem. Have done everything suggested on this thread. I just reinstalled Parallels and everything. Any help? And I refuse to upgrade to Parallels 5. I just upgraded to 4 in the late summer.

5. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Please reboot Mac OS and then send a problem report using menu of Parallels Desktop "Help" -> "Report a Problem" and post here its id

6. Daniel Wiiki

Daniel Wiiki Bit poster

It looks like I am in the same boat here. I have tried each of the fixes listed above, but to no avail. I posted a problem with help ticket ID 2627115. Your help is much appreciated.

7. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    it appears that version of Parallels Desktop you are running is too old, 4.0.3540.209168. Support of Snow Leopard was only added in version 4.0.3810

Please uninstall this version (it will keep VMs), then download and install the latest version of Parallels Desktop 4.0. The link can be obtained in http://kb.parallels.com/en/5802