Parallels 13 for MAC: mouse does not work

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ClayT, Nov 13, 2017.

1. ClayT

ClayT Bit poster

If I open the parallels desktop to use Windows 10, that desktop page will open. But, when I go to click on anything inside of the Parallels/Windows screen, my mouse disappears. It tells me to press Ctrl+Alt to release my mouse back into Mac mode.

How can I get my mouse to work inside of the Parallels platform, instead of disappearing?

It worked the past two weeks under the parallels 2-week free trial. I have had this problem since yesterday when I purchased the parallels license...very strange. I have marked the mouse "for game use" to maximize allowed use of mouse, I have downloaded Parallels toolbox, and I have just updated my Mac software, as other forums suggested in fixing this problem. None of that has helped. Other suggestions??

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @ClayT ,
    Make sure the virtual machine is shut down.
    Open virtual machine
    Switch to Hardware tab > Mouse & Keyboard > set Mouse to Optimize for games.
    In Hardware tab switch to Boot Order > extend Advanced settings > in Boot flags box paste the following flag:
    devices.usb.mouse=0
    Restart Windows, go to Actions > reinstall Parallels Tools and check if it works. Thanks

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ClayT , please follow the steps suggested in this article and let us know if that works.