Parallels 14, Sierra and Itunes movies: Wont Play

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Guest OS Discussion' started by MartyL4, Oct 2, 2018.

1. MartyL4

MartyL4 Bit Poster

Hi

Forgive me ifs this has been covered but i am new to this :)
    I have a Parallels 14 running Sierra. I have logged in to my iTunes account and can see and play my music library.
    I can't get an TV or Movies to work and i suspect it is because the VM does not have a sufficient graphics capability...i say this as because no matter what..if is set it to 2gb of Graphics ram ...it reverts to 256mb
    How can i force it so run sufficiently fast graphics to sup0port 1080p hd Movies?
    Regards
    Marty

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MartyL4 . please let s know the edition of Parallels Desktop you are using. Is it a Home/Pro/Business.

3. applestar

applestar Bit Poster

+1

I even bought the Pro version now but it does not help at all ...

4. Arun@Parallels

Hi @applestar , please let us know how much graphics memory you have allocated to your virtual machine.

5. RamyG

RamyG Bit Poster

I have the same issue, Parallel (Lite or Home v14 trail) only issue maximum of 256MB to my graphics memory. resulting in flickering in Safari tabs and almost all applications i use, VS Code,MongoDB Compass and Atom.

Also my discreet graphics on my 2014 MacBook Pro is 2GB, It says in Parallel 512MB recommended, i choose 512MB and start VM, it only allocates 256MB. Same if I choose 1GB of video memory.

Can someone please explain how do I allocate more than 256MB of video memory?

6. RamyG

RamyG Bit Poster

An update for everyone who is looking for a solution, I was not able to solve this with Parallel as it is a software "Parallel" issue and not anything else. Other VM Hosts softwares do not have this problem with much less video memory..

7. Arun@Parallels

Hi @RamyG , please let us know the version of Parallels Desktop you are using.