Parallels 15 (Pro) Desktop very slow on iMac Pro

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ChristianS27, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Miguel8

Miguel8 Bit poster

After upgrade PWM from 14 to 15 Excel is very slow and jerky when trying to increase the column size (ID:323646517)

2. OlivierS2

OlivierS2 Bit poster

Same thing here. With Parallels 15 Excel was barely usable, UI would respond very slowly. Tried different settings, to no avail.
    Finally downgraded to v14, now back to normal.

3. Do you have the same issue with another app, or MS office app?

4. Miguel8

Miguel8 Bit poster

probably not - only excel

5. Is it possible to reproduce issue with the 15 version, collect the tech report and post the report's ID here?
    You used Parallels Desktop 15 and macOS Catalina right?

6. OlivierS2

OlivierS2 Bit poster

Generated report 323787269 for my case. The performance problem really manifests with Excel, though there might be some impact on Word as well (this is more subjective). No other impact.

7. KimD4

KimD4 Bit poster

I tried the parallels desktop 15 on the new Catalina, but still it's same. Same lagging scrolls on Excel. Again rolled back to Parallels desktop 14.

8. AlexanderG8

AlexanderG8 Bit poster

Same thing here. I installed v15 month ago. Since that my computer started to work very slow with 100% CPU almost all the time. It is true for all apps, especially chrome and Microsoft VS. I have skype installed on my MAC. If I was on skype conversation, especially screen sharing, my windows become 100% CPU immediately and stayed 100% all the time and I was not able to use any app. If skype was turned off, then my windows become 100% CPU as soon as I open few pages of chrome. I tried all possible suggestions to fix the issue - no effect. Finally I gave up and reverted to v 14. Everything now works very smooth and fast without any issues.

9. phani

phani Bit poster

Finally after months of suffering with slow performance I'm glad that parallels 15.1 update fixed the issue today. :)

10. JonS14

JonS14 Bit poster

I got problem while using firefox, it takes tons of time to load google, aol.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2019
  11. JeffS15

JeffS15 Junior Member

One more person with the same issue. Same issue with Excel--it'll lag 1-1.5 seconds if you page up or down. If you're scrolling it may not respond for several seconds. The CPU jumps during this time too (correlated to scrolling.) It's unusable at the moment.

12. JeffS15

JeffS15 Junior Member

13. JeffS15

JeffS15 Junior Member

Final post on the subject, I promise: downgrading to Parallels 14 fixed the issue completely. After downloading/reinstalling I had to deactivate/reactivate the macbook pro and everything worked fine. It automatically reinstalled parallels tools and I'm back in business.

14. Guys,
    we've resolved an issue with slow response in Microsoft Office 365 documents in the newest Parallels Desktop 15 update. (15.1.0)
    Please update to the latest build and check the issue.
    Let us know how does it work for you.

15. MichaelA31

MichaelA31 Bit poster

Same problems here. Running 15.1.0. MBP 16gb Catalina host running Windows 10 (8gb/2 cores). Everything is SLOW, I'm a developer running multiple VS instances, Outlook, and Slack. I've disabled everything I can think of to no avail. 14 was great, but this is unusable. Will revert to 14, where it all ran great.

16. MichaelA31

MichaelA31 Bit poster

Following up, reverted to version 14 and all is right in the world again. To reiterate, it was EVERY app running slow for me, not just office.

17. Hi, did you test the same behavior with the latest update 15.1.1?

18. MichaelA31

MichaelA31 Bit poster

Yes.

19. BrettG2

BrettG2 Bit poster

I have the following system
    CPU: Intel Xeon W 3,6 GHz
    RAM: 32GB
    Radeon 56
    500GB SSD
    It takes forever to load using the chrome...
    I have read the article but still couldn't find any solution.
    I am thinking of using v14 again.
    Let me know if anybody finds a working solution.