Parallels 17 upgrade - Discovering any fixes and workarounds?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mcgroarty, Aug 20, 2021.

1. mcgroarty

mcgroarty Member

This is a thread for Parallels 17 upgraders: Share any fixes or workarounds you had to figure out. Every big upgrade usually includes a few surprises.

My first problem: If you don't have USB & Bluetooth sharing enabled in your virtual machine, the Parallels virtual mouse can no longer automatically escape at windows edges. You need to use Control+Command(Alt) just as you would if the Parallels tools weren't yet installed. Parallels 16 and earlier allowed you to remove USB & Bluetooth sharing without affecting mouse emulation. Re-add USB & Bluetooth sharing and all is well. It's not a big deal, but it might save some of you from repeatedly reinstalling Parallels Tools.

MartinP3 likes this.
  2. RichardK17

RichardK17 Bit poster

No fix or workaround yet, but Under PD17 my Win10 VM's recognition of multiple monitors and/or their resolution settings are often wrong after unplugging or plugging in my LinkUp TB3 docking station that has an Apple TBolt display and a Samsung 4K monitor attached (laptop is a MBP16). This would almost never happen under PD16, but is routine now. Would love to know of a fix or workaround for this.

mcgroarty likes this.