Parallels 3 build 5600 and MacFuse version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Specimen, May 11, 2008.

1. charles.rich

charles.rich Member

John??

Is there going to be some follow-up here? I am still without Parallels...

Tx, -CR

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Moun can be called as system call not command, no we cannot do this, as I suppose system is corrupted and HTFS-3g is still in system or corrupted Core
    as I suggested create ticket,
    I need to check System profile and system.log

3. charles.rich

charles.rich Member

Thanks, what happens after you "create a ticket"?

Btw, I did look in the system log but didn't see anything that jumped out, but am not sure what I was looking for.

Where is system profile do you want to look?

-CR

4. John@Parallels

Applications/Utilities/System Profiler -File save as

Do not put it here, file can contain personal information, and asking file in public place can be treated as illegal against US Code

5. charles.rich

charles.rich Member

Ok, How do I email it to you? I tried "john@parallels.com", but that bounced...

6. John@Parallels

Please create ticket in support and I reply there

7. charles.rich

charles.rich Member

Done. Subject is "Cannot mount Boot Camp partition"

Tx, -CR

8. Jim Hix

Jim Hix Bit poster

I found this thread while trying to solve the exact same problem. Since it's been a year ago I don't know if it was solved or not or if anyone will ever see this, but I was able to fix it fairly easily. Here is what I did.

1. make sure the virtual machine is stopped.
    2. Under the Virtual Machine Menu select Configure...
    3. Scroll down and select "Hard Disk 1"
    4. Select "Image File"
    5. Re-Select "Boot Camp Partition"
    6. Select "OK" and it will ask you if you want to save the changes...
    7. Say yes and reboot the virtual machine.

It worked fine for me after this and there was no need to mess with the terminal.

Maybe Charles' problem was different, but I was getting the same error message on startup.

JH

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  9. Jim Hix

Jim Hix Bit poster

Okay, it seems that I must go through this process every time I boot Parallels. Plus on shutdown my mouse pointer disappears and the only way I can find to get it back is to quit Parallels and press the cancel button.

Also Parallels Tools seems to have disappeared. I will install them and everything seems to work fine, but on reboot they are gone.

This has happened suddenly. for the past 3 months I had no problems at all. BTW I didn't pay a lot of attention to the thread title (sorry) but I'm using Parallels 4, not 3.

10. Jim Hix

Jim Hix Bit poster

Okay, I spoke too soon. Every time I boot Parallels I must go through the same procedure listed above. Don't know if it's a windows problem or parallels but it is unable to remember the location of my boot camp partition at all. I've also noticed that, though everything says the CD/DVD drive is connected it is not. On reboot I must do this to connect the drive:

1. Open Device Manager
    2. double-click on the DVD/CD drive
    3. It will tell you that the drivers are installed, but it cannot locate the drive.
    4. At the bottom disable the drive.
    5. Then enable the drive and it will find it.

On restart I must go through the same process again.

I'm not sure what has happened, but obviously something is scrambled somewhere. Bottom line is that I am able to get Windows operating correctly, but not without a lot of reconfiguration each time I do it.