Parallels 6 inhibits Mac wake-up

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by blackmac, Dec 5, 2010.

1. blackmac

blackmac Junior Member

Since my upgrade to Parallels 6, I have a problem with my MacBook when it resumes from disk. In detail:

I have configured my MacBook in a way that it does usually suspend to disk, rather then suspend to RAM. This never used to cause any problems whatsoever.

Since my upgrade of Parallels to version 7, I experience problems when my Mac wakes up. After the display shows that about 50% of the main storage image has been loaded from disk, the resume process stops and the MacBook freezes at that point. The only way to get my MacBook back to work, is to hard-reboot it.

It took me quite a while to find out when exactly this happens, as it did not happen every time. The point is, this problem occurs only when Parallels was running at the time when my MacBook suspended to disk. When I stop Parallels first, there are no problem with the wake-up process.

Also, I did not have these kinds of problems with the Parallels versions prior to 6. My assumption is that it may have something to do with the improved resuming for Windows within Parallels 6? Just a guess.

I hope you can find and fix the problem, since this is quite annoying. If I can provide you with any additional information, let me know, and I'll be glad to do so.

2. blackmac

blackmac Junior Member

No reaction?

I still have the same problem after upgrading to the latest build.

I may add that this problem occurs only since Parallels 6. I did not have problems like that in earlier versions.

It may have the same reason as Macbook air deep sleep resume problem.

Please help!

3. SydB

SydB Bit poster

Me too

I started using Parallels on my iMac i7 about a month ago. Noticed the same problem soon later and connected the dots about ten days ago. Support immediately bumped it to "level 3"? (developer level) and, coincidentally, just gave me an update that they're still working on it and will update me again in a week. I guess this is a pretty deep bug.