Parallels Access and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by MoreyC, Sep 19, 2015.

1. MoreyC

MoreyC Junior Member

After upgrading my PC to Windows 10, Parallels Access stopped working. I saw a couple of active processes, including 1 that was using almost 50% of my CPU. As a recent upgrader to Parallels 11 pro subscription, I was entitled to technical support. I scheduled a call with an agent who informed me that Parallels Access was a work in progress and does not work yet for Windows 10.
    He suggested that I enroll in Parallels newsletter where I would get updates. My gripe is that Parallels has made a big deal that Parallels 11 is fully compatible with Windows 10, nowhere mentioning (not that I saw!) that PA was not yet compatible.

2. Hi, we've released the minor update of the latest Parallels Access version, please try to install it and check the issues.
    Let us know the results please.

3. MoreyC

MoreyC Junior Member

The pc now shows as available on my ios 9 device (iPhone 6S). However, when I try to open the PC, after a delay, I get a message that I have an unstable internet connection. My PC is flashing every second or so. My Mac still works fine and both PC's are on the same router.
    Bottom line is that I still have an unusable connection to my Windows 10 PC.

4. Hi, please try this KB in order to check the issue with unstable internet connection.

5. MoreyC

MoreyC Junior Member

6. MoreyC

MoreyC Junior Member

My Mac and PC are in the same small room as my wifi router. For this test I connected my iPad to the PC and Mac while in the same room. As soon as I disconnect Parallels Access from the PC, all other internet activity is fine.

7. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

8. MoreyC

MoreyC Junior Member

All works correctly now. My concern is that future windows 10 "tweaks" will cause problems. Hopefully Microsoft will give you enough lead time for thorough testing and repairs (if necessary)

9. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that it is working fine now, feel free to reach us any time, we are here to help.