Parallels, Catalina and Quick Books

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaelJ17, Dec 24, 2019.

1. MichaelJ17

MichaelJ17 Bit poster

I want to upgrade my Mac Mini to Catalina, and then upgrade Parallels. Will the upgrade still run Quick Books Pro 2011? To do that, what do I have to do?

2. Hi, after update all you virtual machines and apps inside it will work as usual, but we recommend to make a back up copy before any updates.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. MichaelJ17

MichaelJ17 Bit poster

Thank you very much. Right now Parallels is using Windows 7; will I have to upgrade to Windows 10 (and then I'd need to know if Quick Books Pro 2011 will run on Windows 10). As you can tell, while I'm comfortable with most of this, the Windows part is "above my pay grade."

4. You can continue to use your Windows 7. You can also check the Quick books system requirements and decide upgrade or not.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

5. MichaelJ17

MichaelJ17 Bit poster

Thank you for responding, and for the link. Do you know if Windows 7 will run under the version of Parallels that's need for Catalina? I don't think our "ancient" version of QB will run on Windows 10. Michael