Parallels Client runs for 3 seconds and than closes immediately

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by kurtw3, Jun 18, 2020.

1. kurtw3

kurtw3 Junior Member

Hi I'm from the company Wings. Many of our customers uses Parallels Client (latest version). But I received some emails from users who said that when they open the shortcut Parallels Client, the screen displays a few seconds and then Parallels Client closes. What is the cause of this?

2. Alexey Kutuzov

Alexey Kutuzov Parallels Team

Hi Kurt,
    Unfortunately, I cannot give a straightforward advice even to enable logging because your post missing OS version and build ? bit-? full or basic client
    1) Try to enable advanced logging for Windows client -> Tools ->Options -> General -> Logging -> Configure -> Verbose
    2) Reproduce an issue and collect a log using Windows client -> Tools ->Options -> General -> Logging -> view log
    3) Attach it here

3. jpc

jpc Pro

4. kurtw3

kurtw3 Junior Member

I'm very sorry to duplicate it. I know it's against the rules. I'm a new user. Very sorry but thanks for the reply already.

5. kurtw3

kurtw3 Junior Member

I cannot make a log because the Parallels Client closes automatically after 3 seconds.
    The Parallels version is 17.0.1 (build 21472) (64 bit)

It's a RAS connection to a cloud server.

6. kurtw3

kurtw3 Junior Member

7. Alexey Kutuzov

Alexey Kutuzov Parallels Team

jpc likes this.
  8. jpc

jpc Pro

@kurtw3 The parallels kb now lists a resolution too. Microsoft are providing an update to fix this issue, but not all OSes have one yet. So for the time being, workaround 1 maybe the safest approach until the fix/update is deployed widely