Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi ElaineG,
    Click on the Parallels Desktop menu, and select Account & License. In the activation window, click on your account email address and select Sign Out.

If you try to use the license on a new Mac without signing out of the old one, then upon activation on the new Mac you will see a warning that the license is already in use.

If you click on Activate on This Mac, the current copy will be successfully activated, and the license will automatically be deactivated on the old Mac. If the issue persists, please provide your activation key in the private message, we are here to help!

2. SergeyI1

SergeyI1 Bit poster

Hello,
    Yesterday I have migrated from iMac to MBP and got same issuw with parallels 10. In Parallels menu i don't see "Account & License". Could you please help?

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please provide us with your license keys in private messages.

4. HectorH1

HectorH1 Bit poster

I've been waiting on the private post for an answer since I wrote on this forum on the 21st of March.
    No answer yet. Very disappointed with the support provided. I just need to get my issue resolved so I can move to VMware.
    Thanks

5. Hey, I've checked your account and the license key has been already reset.
    Please try to activate the Parallels Desktop again and check your inbox for more info.

6. Tabish

Tabish Bit poster

Hi,

I also have the same problem. I'm running parallels 10 and just moved to a new mac. I deleted the software on the old mac but still getting the error message: You have reached the maximum number of activations available.. Can you guys reset my key as well?

The KB which is suggested before does not work for me since im on version 10, not 11.

Greetings,

7. Hey, already did it. Please try to activate it again.
    Also please check your inbox for more info.

8. AndreasS5

AndreasS5 Bit poster

Hi, I have the same issue with not being able to activate on a new Mac - old Mac died and so I was unable to uninstall/deactivate.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Andreas

9. Hey, we've reset your key, please check the issue and your inbox for more info.

10. AndreasS5

AndreasS5 Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    everything's up and running.
    Thanks for the amazingly quick help, I really appreciate it!
    Best regards,
    Andreas

11. Glad to know! and thank you for your feedback:)

12. KennyW1

KennyW1 Bit poster

Maria,
    I have the same problem. I tested out two new computers. Now I can't activate on my primary personal computer. I won't be changing computers again. Can you help reset my license? Thanks

13. Hello KennyW1,
    Please check your private message and respond.

14. EricWei

EricWei Bit poster

I have migrated all data from old MBP to new MBP, and got same issue with parallels 10 which said "You have reached the maximum number of activations available". PD 10 didn't have option like PD 11 to inactive the license. Could you please help to reset my license? Thanks a lot.

15. Hey, it has been reset.
    Also please check your inbox for more info.

16. CristianoP1

CristianoP1 Bit poster

Hello Maria,
    Same problem here, can't activate my copy of Parallels 11 after update, getting the "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license." I have already logged out of the account under "account & licenses", uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted the licenses.xml files, reinstalled, nothing works. I can activate and deactivate normally on other macs just my mac mini is a problem, all was working fine until the update.

17. Sorry for misunderstanding, but are you using 1 Parallels Desktop license for several Macs?

18. RandV

RandV Bit poster

I am having this same problems -- I have deleted Parallels 10 from my old MacBook Pro, but I am still told, on my new one, You have reached the maximum number of activations. Is there some way for you to see that I am NOT running it on multiple laptops (and only a single desktop)?

19. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

@RandV Please check your private message and reply.

20. CristianoP1

CristianoP1 Bit poster

No, one at a time... but it just gives me the error on one mac.