Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Hey, We've reset your key, please check the issue.
    Moreover you can use this KB for transferring your key from 1 Mac to another.

2. JonPayne

JonPayne Bit poster

Should my Desktop 9 activation key work for Desktop 11 upgrade?
    I bought Parallels Desktop 9 when I bought a MacBook Pro using Mountain Lion. When I upgraded to El Capitan, it said I needed Desktop 11. I downloaded and installed Destkop 11, but my activation key for Destkop 9 shows invalid. It's my understanding that Desktop 9 and later should be able to upgrade to 11 using the original activation key.

3. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hi JonPayne,
    You need to purchase an upgrade license for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac to activate it. Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is an optimized version for El Capitan. You cannot activate Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac with Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac activation key.

4. JonPayne

JonPayne Bit poster

Dinesh,

I may use the free trial and see. I quit using Parallels soon after installing it and went straight to BootCamp. A friend told me 11 is much better, but I'm not spending any more money on it until I see it work. Parallels 9 was awful, no offense, but I could never get it to work without locking up my MBP (mid-2012, 2.9GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, virtual RAM set at 4GB). I run Win7 Pro. The free trial is 14 days, right?

Thanks for the quick reply,

Jon

5. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hi JonPayne,
    The trial period for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is 14 days. Please refer to this link to get a trial for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.

6. alexb7

alexb7 Bit poster

Hello there, can you do this with my licence please? I've sold my mac and am using a new one so cannot possibly deactivate the old mac, and am getting the maximum deactivation problem. thanks.

7. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hi Alexb7,
    Please check your private message and reply us!

8. AntonP2

AntonP2 Bit poster

I have read and actioned the instructions at http://kb.parallels.com/en/116527 without success to move my Parallels Desktop 10 to a new Mac. do I need my licence key reset also?

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi AntonP2, please open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online and let us know how it works.

10. AntonP2

AntonP2 Bit poster

I assume this is to be run on the new Mac and I got the following :
    $ prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.
    $

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi AntonP2, we've made necessary changes. Please try to activate now and let us know if you get any error.

AntonP2 likes this.
  12. AntonP2

AntonP2 Bit poster

Thank you Ajith, you have solved it:
    $ prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    The license has been successfully activated.
    $

Parallels Desktop 10 has opened successfully.

13. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello AntonP2,
    Awesome! Feel free to reach out anytime.

14. HongB

HongB Bit poster

Can someone please help me, I can not find any option to log out or deactivate of previous installation.
    How can I reset my KEY? I formatted my previous mac and forgot to deactivate it.
    parallel.png

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please provide us with your license keys in private messages.

16. KeithM2

KeithM2 Bit poster

Apple replaced my motherboard and I am now getting the message "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

I cannot see any way to send a private message to support on Chrome or Firefox on OS X. Kindly tell me how I can get my copy of Parallels working again.

17. Hello CristianoP1,
    I would be glad to help you. I have sent you a private message requesting for information please check and reply.

18. AndyG4

AndyG4 Bit poster

Hi I'm having the same issue as this. I have done a time machine restore to my new macbook pro and am getting the unable to confirm product license error.

I am logged out on my old mac so thought this would be possible.

19. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi AndyG4, Please check your private message.

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi Andy,

we've made necessary changes. Please try to activate now and let us know if you get any error.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.