Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. scamiran

scamiran Bit poster

Hello,

I recently purchased a new macbook pro, and want to transfer my parallels license (11) to the new machine. I am getting this message:
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license"

Can you please help me with this?

Thank you,
    Sherwin Amiran

2. MikeK6

MikeK6 Bit poster

Hi there, like many others on here I've purchased a new macbook pro and want to transfer my copy of parallels (v11) from the old macbook to the new. I tried signing out of the copy on my old machine as per the kb articles and then tried to activate using my license on the new machine and got the maximum number of activations error.

As a temp work around I'm running the 14 day trial, any ideas what I can do to resolve this.

Thanks
    Mike

3. NickW5

NickW5 Bit poster

Trying to activate Parallels 10 on a new MacOS install, getting the error in the thread title.
    I would try deactivating, but that install's been blown away in the format.

Thanks in advance!

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate again.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can try activating again. All the necessary changes are made.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

7. NickW5

NickW5 Bit poster

That's worked a treat, thanks!

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear the issue is resolved. Reach us anytime for support.

9. MikeK6

MikeK6 Bit poster

Thanks, that worked.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

11. RemusJ

RemusJ Bit poster

Hi Ajith,
    Can you please help me, I'm having a similar issue. I've already logged out the parallels installation as per the kb you mentioned but I still get the activation limit error. Thanks in advance!
    Remus

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate again.

13. Dmirtiy

Dmirtiy Bit poster

Good afternoon, after changing the laptop I can not activate the 10 version.

14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Dmirtiy, we've made few changes in the key settings, please try activating the same product and if the issue persists, please open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online and let us know how it works. Thanks!

15. Dmirtiy

Dmirtiy Bit poster

Activation of the result did not give, but the command (prlsrvctl activate-license-online) worked perfectly. Many thanks!!!

16. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Glad to hear that issue has been resolved. Please feel free to reach us anytime.

17. RonenT1

RonenT1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I also face this problem, but none of the solutions worked for me.
    • When doing the prlsrvctl activate-license-online on the new Mac I get: "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."
    • I also tried prlsrvctl deactivate-license on my old Mac and got: "Failed to deactivate the license: Unable to deactivate the product. Your type of license cannot be deactivated."
    Please advise.

Thanks,
    Ronen

18. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @RonenT1, we've made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below to fix the issue:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

19. WongC

WongC Bit poster

Hi,

I just purchased a new MBP, and facing the same problem for Parallels Desktop 10 "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

I tried uninstall the old computer software and run "prlsrvctl activate-license-online" on the new computer, it still failed.

Please advise. Thanks.

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @WongC, we've made a few changes in the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same key and keep us posted the results.