Parallels Desktop 9 crashes on Yosemite DP 6

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JulioC, Aug 18, 2014.

1. gleichzeitig

gleichzeitig Bit poster

Thanks a lot, works great for me using PD9 in Yosemite Beta 2 :)

Just one more question, could you just also maybe tell us how to revert these changes after PD9 got updated to work with Mavericks 10.9.5 and Yosemite (which I am sure will happen before these OS X versions become final)?

Of course I can just delete the newly created parallels folder in my home directory, but how to remove that entry which makes OS X run that script during startup again?

2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Just a quick update on this:

The Development team is aware of this issue still being presented in Parallels Desktop 9, and a fix will be included in the next Parallels Desktop 9 update. Please keep your copy of Parallels Desktop 9 up-to-date. To enable automatic updates please right click on Parallels Desktop icon -> Preferences... -> Check for Updates.

3. gleichzeitig

gleichzeitig Bit poster

Thanks a lot for the good news, looking forward to this update and happy to know, that PD9 will be supported some more time :)

4. Contradel

Contradel Junior Member

Right clicking parallels desktop icon doesn't give "preferences". What are you meaning exactly?

5. iQQator

iQQator Bit poster

No need update, after update my parallels doesn't work anymore, work around not work too :(
    Fix issue, PARALLELS or update free to 10.0 :)))))

6. gleichzeitig

gleichzeitig Bit poster

That actually really doesn't seem to make sense for people having that issue, the option "preferences" is only available when right clicking the icon in the dock when Parallels is running and it won't do that under 10.9.5 and 10.10 right now ;-) I suggest we use the workaround posted before and then let it check for updates or check here for news and manually download and install the new version when it is available :)

7. JulioC

JulioC Bit poster

Ok so... It's almost two weeks in from the DP release and no fix on the horizon. (Upgrading to Parallels 10 is not a viable fix). Considering Parallels 10 DOES have the bug fixed, what's taking so long?

8. gleichzeitig

gleichzeitig Bit poster

Well, since someone from Parallels officially confirmed here that a fix will come, I'd say it is at least on the horizon :) And keep in mind, that this is what happens if you use preview versions of an unreleased OS, no one should use it on their main machine, we suffer now the consequences for not listening to those warnings ;-)

9. MKayes

MKayes Bit poster

It seems that Parallels always has problems on the beta OS X releases, whereas other companies solutions work ok or are fixed very quickly. I have used Parallels since version 5 but am tired of having to buy new versions all the time so last night I made the switch to Oracle's free VirtualBox product and it works perfectly.
    I didn't have much on the Windows VM, just Sage Accounts and a couple of admin tools so the switch was very quick for me.
    A lot of my customers use Parallels and, to be honest, I am going to suggest they make the switch too.

10. MirekN

MirekN Bit poster

Workaround "works" for me after resetting PRAM. So you can try this...

HTH,

Mirek
    (MBP 13", early 2013)

11. Petr H

Petr H Bit poster

9.0.24251 is out and is supposed to resolve this:

This update for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac (build 9.0.24251) addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following fixes:
    - Provides compatibility with OS X 10.10 Developer Preview 6
    - Resolves an issue with the launch of Parallels Desktop on OS X 10.9.5
    - Resolves an issue with flickering and mouse use in an application window in Coherence
    - Resolves an issue with installing OS X 10.9 in a virtual machine
    - Resolves an issue with accidental keyboard input issues in Coherence
    - Resolves an issue with the launch of Parallels Desktop from the Finder
    - Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools installation in Ubuntu 14.10 virtual machines

12. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi All,

New update for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac has been released (build 9.0.24251) in which the following are fixed:

- Provides compatibility with OS X 10.10 Developer Preview 6
    - Resolves an issue with the launch of Parallels Desktop on OS X 10.9.5
    - Resolves an issue with flickering and mouse use in an application window in Coherence
    - Resolves an issue with installing OS X 10.9 in a virtual machine
    - Resolves an issue with accidental keyboard input issues in Coherence
    - Resolves an issue with the launch of Parallels Desktop from the Finder
    - Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools installation in Ubuntu 14.10 virtual machines

Please refer to http://kb.parallels.com/117225

Please check for updates and update your Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac.

13. Caesium

Caesium Junior Member

Thanks for the update, looks good here so far :)