Parallels Desktop Fails to Start

JaniL

Bit poster
When I try to start parallels desktop nothing happens and I have a message in the console:
8/5/09 7:37:02 PM com.apple.launchd[119] ([0x0-0x1bd1bd].com.parallels.desktop.console[12720]) Exited with exit code: 9

I tried reinstalling but that changed nothing.
 
Any idea what is wrong? It seems that in many problems the suggested work around is reinstall, but this does not work here.
 
I downloaded the file and while trying to run it I get:

$ open Cleanup\ Kernel\ Extensions.app
LSOpenFromURLSpec() failed with error -10828 for the file /Users/wolf/temp/Cleanup Kernel Extensions.app.
 
Hello,

Please follow these steps in regards to the issue:

Restart MAC, don't start any applications. Uninstall Parallels Desktop using the .dmg file.
Now, please follow these steps :

1. Open Finder.
2. Go to Applications/Utilities/Disk Utilities.
3. Choose MAC HD.
4. Choose repair disk permissions.
After running the repair disk permissions , restart the computer. Install Parallels Desktop.

http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=3810
 
I had a similar problem after upgrading to Snow Leopard even though I had an up-to-date working version of Parallels 4 before the update. I found that somewhere along the way I had lost read permission on /usr/local. Make sure you have permission to read /usr/local/lib/libprl_sdk.dylib and manually fix any directory permissions that aren't right. In my case chmod o+rx /usr/local fixed the problem.

Hope this helps!
 
There is no /usr/local/lib/libprl_sdk.dylib in my system. This is a Mac Pro running OS X version 10.5.8
 
/usr/local/lib/libprl_sdk.dylib

Same with me using Leopard 10.5.8. I enter the command "cd /usr/local/lib/libprl_sdk.dylib" in terminal and it cannot find it. Searching in finder for "lib" only finds that directory under the "Documents" directory.

Please provide more complete information.
 
Back
Top