Parallels Desktop will not open

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaelO9, Jun 10, 2017.

1. MichaelO9

MichaelO9 Bit poster

When trying to open Parallels 10, I receive error message that says
    "An error occurred when working with this virtual machine physical memory." After reporting problem I was directed to a help page that said I should run rebuild of Parallels 10, which I did. It made no difference and I keep getting the same error message.

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @MichaelO9, please reproduce the issue, take a screenshot of the issue/error message and reply with the same.

3. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

We have received your response in an e-mail, to which you've attached a screenshot. Henceforth, please post your responses in this thread directly.
    IssueScreenshot.PNG
    As for the issue, please follow these steps and let us know if that helps (the given article might be for an older Parallels version, but the steps themselves still apply).

4. MichaelO9

MichaelO9 Bit poster

That worked. Thank you!

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MichaelO9 , you are welcome. We are glad that your issue is resolved. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

6. MichaelO9

MichaelO9 Bit poster

Unfortunately, it worked the first time, but then reverted to the same behavior with the same error message when I tried re-opening Parallels a second time.

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MichaelO9 , please repeat the steps suggested here and then try steps suggested here and let us know if that works.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have checked the screenshots you have shared in the email and found that the pvm file is moved or deleted from its location. We suggest you to search the Finder for the pvm file and open it.

9. MichaelO9

MichaelO9 Bit poster

Well, not sure what I did, but it seems to be working fine now. Thank you. I just posted another small issue which has been occurring for a while now but lets me proceed.

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @MichaelO9, that's great! Please let us know if you have any questions in the product and we are here to help!

11. DavidT32

DavidT32 Bit poster

12. MajorJ

MajorJ Bit poster

I' having the same issue please advise on how to correct.

Attached Files:

13. Hi, which version of Parallels Desktop are you using? And when does this issue appearer?