Parallels license has reached its activation limit

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by PhilipR5, Jan 14, 2020.

1. PhilipR5

PhilipR5 Bit poster

I recently got a new Mac and installed Parallels 12. When attempting to activate it, I used my license key but it says, "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies." I've moved my license from my MacBook to my iMac without issue before, it would ask me if I wanted to disable the license on the old computer and activate it on the current computer. That prompt does not show up this time, instead saying I can't activate my license. I do not have access to my old iMac. What do I do?

2. Hi, we've changed your key internal settings, please try to activate it and check the issue.

3. PhilipR5

PhilipR5 Bit poster

Thank you for your reply, however my Parallels 12 key does not activate. I am getting the same error message: "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies."

4. Please try to remove Parallels Desktop, restart your Mac and install and activate your Parallels Desktop once again.

5. PhilipR5

PhilipR5 Bit poster

That worked. My key activated. Thank you for your assistance.

6. Glad to know!
    Thanks a lot for sharing your results.

7. AmanT1

AmanT1 Bit poster

I recently got a new Mac and installed Parallels 12. When attempting to activate it, I used my license key but it says, "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies." Team could you please help. Thank you so much in advance.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your key. You can try to activate it.

9. JunyoungO

JunyoungO Bit poster

Today I got a new Mac and installed Parallels 14, and got the message "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies." Please reset my key. Thank you!

10. Hello, we've reset your license key, please check the issue and let us know if you have any additional questions.

11. takerukoushirou

takerukoushirou Bit poster

Same issue here, I have to switch between a new Mac mini and my MBP and am stuck now with "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies." even though I already signed out of the previously activated machine.

12. Hello,
    we've reset your license key, please check the issue and let us know the results.

13. takerukoushirou

takerukoushirou Bit poster

Dear Maria,
    thank you very much, the activation worked now. Will this activation lock happen more often? I expect that I will have to switch between my two computers more often (ie. move the license temporarily to my laptop whenever I'll be away for longer).

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, it will if you transfer the license more often. The license transfer option is only when you want to use Parallels Desktop on a new Mac. If you want to switch the license frequently between Macs, you have to buy a business license.

15. SimonK3

SimonK3 Bit poster

Same issue for me. My old Mac died and can't deactivate it and activate on my new Mac. Please can you reset my key. Thank you!

16. Hello,
    we've made some changes, please check the issue.

17. Joe26

Joe26 Bit poster

Same here, my old Mac's died and now I'm using another Mac. When attempting to activate it, I used my license key but it says, "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies." Please reset my activation key as well.

18. Peterwithes

Peterwithes Junior Member

Same here, pls reset my license Parallels 14

19. Peterwithes

Peterwithes Junior Member

Hi, still waiting for an answer. The license key cannot be used and I would have the product activated. I see the message "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies."

20. AbrahamR

AbrahamR Bit poster

Good night. I move my Parallels 16 to a new Mac Mini. And reintall the OS 2 times because I'm upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur. With a fresh installation. Now when I tried to activate the license. Receive the error "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies.". Please reset it for my new installation. Thanks