Parallels Tools for Kali Linux 2020.1

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by cas, Jan 27, 2020.

1. karlemilnikka

karlemilnikka Member

The white-screen issue persists after upgrading to 16.1.0.

2. Please collect new tech report for the newest update and share the report's ID with us.

3. PaulB41

PaulB41 Bit poster

Hi All, seems like we're getting the same Parallels Tool install issue with Kali 2020.3
    Parallels Version: Parallels Desktop 16 Pro Editing - 16.1.0 (48950)
    Report ID: 354125803

4. karlemilnikka

karlemilnikka Member

Done (see report 354676599).

5. karlemilnikka

karlemilnikka Member

The white-screen issue still persists after upgrading to 16.1.1. Please let us know if Kali Linux isn't a supported operating system anymore, just so we know if we should use another virtualization software. I totally understand you can't support every Linux distro, so please just let us know if Kali isn't one of them.

(See report 354885817.)

6. Please check your inbox for more information.

7. karlemilnikka

karlemilnikka Member

Hi.

No problem. I understand you can't support every Linux distro. Just let us know if Kali isn't one of them.

I cannot test running Thunderbird with 3D acceleration turned on since the VM gets stuck on the blank white screen after signing in.

Best regards
    Karl Emil Nikka

8. karlemilnikka

karlemilnikka Member

The white-screen issue still persists after upgrading to 16.1.2. Please let us know if Kali Linux isn't a supported operating system anymore, just so we know whether or not we should expect a fix. I totally understand you can't support every Linux distro, so please just let us know if Kali isn't one of them.

Report ID: 357713857

Best regards
    Karl Emil Nikka

9. TheN

TheN Junior Member

I understand that this kind of issue is always hard to grasp for first level supports but it is not a solution to ask people to buy your newer product without publicing giving out any information regarding whether it fixes the issue or not.

Obviously you are not capable of supporting Kali Linux. So just state it like it is and don't try to talk people into buying an upgrade which does absolutely nothing.

karlemilnikka likes this.
  10. TheN

TheN Junior Member

So still no update? You told us to upgrade to the latest version, yet the issue still exists. What's up? Did you give up already?

11. karlemilnikka

karlemilnikka Member

I think the absence of a reply is the answer we've been waiting for. Parallels doesn't support Kali anymore.