Parallels tools -> missing bootcamp drivers

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PiotrS4, Jan 20, 2020.

1. PiotrS4

PiotrS4 Bit poster

Hello,
    Maybe someone knows how to fix this problem.
    I'm using Macbook Pro 15" 2017 with Catalina and Parallels 15 pro.

1. I installed windows through Bootcamp, everything was working correctly.
    2. Sometimes I need to work with windows at the same time, so I decided to use parallels and create virtualization from Bootcamp. To reach proper resolution etc I installed parallels tools. In parallels, everything is working correctly.
    3. Sometimes I need to run Windows directly ( not through parallels ), and I found that Bootcamp drivers disappeared. I do not have got special keys from the keyboard, I can't open, Bootcamp option, I can't use right-click on the touchpad.

I reinstalled my windows through Bootcamp a few times and I found that:
    - if I will set up parallels ( without installing parallels tools ) I can reopen windows directly and everything is working correctly. Unfortunately, resolution, the feeling is terrible.
    - after installation parallels tools, Bootcamp drivers disappearing
    I also tried to reinstall Bootcamp drivers directly in windows and it is not resolving the problem.
    I created a ticket, but since beginning of December support does not help me.

Alec006, TangL and jdslab like this.
  2. Hi, this issue is currently under investigation, we've involved in this case Parallels Engineering team.
    Unfortunately we don't have any ETA until updates are available.

TangL likes this.
  3. PiotrS4

PiotrS4 Bit poster

Hello, do you have got any updates in this topic?

4. Unfortunately we have no workaround for you, our Engineering team still working on it.

5. Therin

Therin Bit poster

yeah this is something that needs to be addressed. I love Parallels and want to have all my windows programs in one place.
    Please keep us updated on this issue, as I have it too.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. Sure and please keep your Parallels Desktop updated

7. surveyp

surveyp Bit poster

hello
    i am also facing same problem so if any one get an solution regarding this please let me know soon

thanks in advance

Regards
    survey pacific

8. Alec006

Alec006 Bit poster

I have the same problem since a long time not solution whatsoever!

9. issue is still under investigation with the Parallels Engineering team. Once we receive any updates we will share it with you.

10. ChristianH28

ChristianH28 Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem, reading this post you are now already long investigating, what is the action plan to resolve?

It is not just the touchpad I cannot use anymore, it is also the right click is gone and makes Windows unusable boot into bootcamp, after having imported into parallels.

Cheers

11. Hi, unfortunately we have no ETA until any fix will be available.
    We will contact you once we have any result or updates or workarounds.

12. Jonathan17

Jonathan17 Bit poster

I have the exact same problem. Any updates? Thank you.

13. Hello, are you using the latest build of Parallels Desktop (15.1.4)?

14. BrianV3

BrianV3 Bit poster

Pardon me, but I'm on Parallels 14, and it was working just fine until a recent Parallels update. So are we needing to pay to restore functionality that was already there an update ago?

Thanks!
    B

15. PiotrS4

PiotrS4 Bit poster

Hello, I can only confirm that this problem is already solved on the newest version 15.1.4

16. Please let us know you Parallels Desktop version? 14.1.2 or 14.1.3?
    You can test Parallels Desktop 15 during the free trial period (14 days) or we can provide you with the Parallels Desktop 14 link.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  17. BrianV3

BrianV3 Bit poster

14.1.3. When I check for updates, it doesn't say 14.2 is available. Is it downloadable from the website?

18. Sorry, my bad. I meant 14.1.3.
    Did you test Parallels Desktop 15 trial?