Paste Special Command Produces Square Root Symbol

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ViacheslavK, Jan 22, 2017.

1. ViacheslavK

ViacheslavK Junior Member

(similar thread is here but looks like it was archived as replies do not bump it up the topic list - https://forum.parallels.com/threads/paste-special-command-produces-square-root-symbol.283393/)

in a nutshell, ctrl+alt+V produces a square root symbol instead of paste special menu in Excel.

Tried changing the send OSX system shortcuts options in PD preferences to Always - no luck. Any advice would be highly appreciated

i run Mac OS 10.12
    PD 12.1.2
    Windows 10 with all updates
    Office 2016 with all updates

2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

We tried reproducing on our side with the same setup.
    We were able to use the command "control + alt + V" to paste special in Excel 2016 without an issue with PD preferences set to Always.
    Check if Keyboard mapped correctly.
    Then, try reinstalling Parallels Tools: http://bit.ly/1cZWAa3 and keep us posted how it works.

FelipeG4 likes this.
  3. ViacheslavK

ViacheslavK Junior Member

Previously behavior was inconsistent - it would work fine just after reboot, and then would start producing square root sign after a while

For instance, i just tested it and it produced the square root symbol. Then removed the apple keyboard layout as instructed above and now it works fine. I will report back after some use.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Right on! Glad you are able to fixed the issue. Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!

5. TroyS1

TroyS1 Bit poster

Same problem here. Tried above solutions without success. Using Alt-E-S works to bring up the Special Past dialogue box. If I use control-comand-V, I get the past icons box.

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @TroyS1 , please help us with a small video clip explaining the issue.