Previous activation key not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MartinL3, Jan 11, 2016.

1. NigelT1

NigelT1 Bit poster

I have had the same problem as it was not made clear that the upgrade was only suitable for versions 9 and 10.
    I finally got a refund, but had to go through PayPal disputes despite 2 different attempts to get it here and 14 days of trying.
    I now have to buy the full version of 11 at the full price as in the 14 days trying to sort this out the birthday discount is no longer available. I can't go back to version 7 as the demo of 11 installed over it and I no longer have 7 or them key.
    Complete nightmare....not impressed at all.

2. Wingf

Wingf Bit poster

I have checked and replied to you but I haven't heard anything back yet! Maybe I am not looking in the correct area? Please I need help!!

3. NigelT1

NigelT1 Bit poster

Good good luck Wingf I found this system close to useless

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello Wingf,

We will respond to your ticket # 2290336 shortly.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

5. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hello Wingf, we have responded to your ticket. Please check.

6. msft

msft Bit poster

I had version 9, but looking back it appears I started with version 8 -- so 9 may have been an upgrade. I've already paid for the 11 upgrade, but obviously the only previous key I have is for the original version 8. I am happy paying the difference in this case, but can somebody send me the necessary information to make that happen?

Thanks!

P.S. -- I am going to attempt to address this via online support instead of the forums.
    Update -- Cleverbridge queried awaiting response
    Support responded. In my case, the situation was fixed by a link that allowed me to pay the additional bit required to get a full version, without having to go through the hassle of a refund first.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi msft,

If you have registered Parallels Desktop 9 under a different email please reply that email address in the private message, so we can find that key for you or confirm us if you wish to pay the difference in the private message.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi msft,

We have sent you an email with a difference link to pay the difference amount and buy Parallels Desktop 11 full version.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

9. hector1

hector1 Bit poster

I am having the same issue. I paid for an upgrade and my old activation code isn't working.

10. hector1

hector1 Bit poster

i got 12 and i thing i have parallels 9

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can only upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12 from Parallels Desktop 10/11. Refer this article. If you have Parallels Desktop 10/11 key under different account use it to complete activation or let us know we can initiate refund for the upgrade.

12. Maksim_Churyumov

Maksim_Churyumov Bit poster

Hello there, need help ASAP. I have subscription for the "Update Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition (1 year)". One year past (day ago) I've been charged for the next year of subscription. Parallel Desktop is asking for activation now. In activation window I can chose 'Parallel Desktop for Mac Pro Edition" license which is availible till 05.11.17. After that activation tool asks for key of previous version. I've tried all keys I have from Parallels and none of them was accepted. Best I got is "Key of previous version wasn't accepted on server". How to make it work? And what I've been charged for if it's not going to work any more?

13. hector1

hector1 Bit poster

I have 9 but 10 /11 I don't have ,how can i get the refund

14. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please check your private message and reply with Parallels Desktop activation keys.

15. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

We will process a refund and you'll receive a confirmation email shortly.

16. DavidS30

DavidS30 Bit poster

I'm also having trouble with my activation key. The error message keeps saying the license server rejects it. Can someone please help, it really shouldn't be this hard.

17. Hello DavidS30, please check your private message and reply back to us.

18. ManuelG1

ManuelG1 Bit poster

Hello,

I am also currently having this issue. I have deactivated the old computers license in the admin portal but we continuously get the following error on the new machine:

"Unable to perform the operation.

The license server rejects it."

19. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ManuelG1
    We have requested for a few information in private message. Please check & respond, we'll help you out!

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

It seems you have a Business license. You have to register the license under your Parallels Business account then try to activate.