Printing/Scanning doesn't work anymore (Parallels 16)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KlausE2, Oct 24, 2020.

1. KlausE2

KlausE2 Bit poster

Hello.
    I am evaluating Parallels 16. So far I used Oracle Virtual Box, and from what I see, Parallels is much better and I would like to replace the Virtual Box with it.
    BUT: Sind Parallels is installed, the entire printing subsystem of the Macintosh doesn't work anymore. No program is able to print or scan, the printer is not found, and I get strange messages that some HP files (filter files or even some printing program) would harm my computer (which is garbage; also used virus scanner - there is nothing to harm). However, the printer is seen as available and ready by the system properties, and I can ping it. (HP Laserjet 100, installed as network printer). By the way, from all other computers, which do not have Parallels installed, the printing continues working without any problems.
    In the Web I found some entries that a similar problem would already have existed once with a former version of Parallels (13, Mac and Windows). So I hope there is a solution. Any help would be very welcome.
    I would not like to throw the program away because it has this severe bug.
    Many thanks.
    Klaus (Austria)