prl_disp_service

here is the ticketnumer:
774656

and here is the parallels.log

18:16:01.713 F /cmn_utils:330:B0081000/ CreateDirectoryPath() return error for path='/Users/Shared/Parallels'
18:16:01.824 F /disp:330:B0081000/ Can't create Parallels directory /Users/Shared/Parallels
18:16:01.906 F /disp:330:B0081000/ Can't create parallels vm directory /Users/Shared/Parallels

Hm.. it seems that it is sufficient. Please start the /Application/Utilities/Terminal and execute in it next three commands (without quotes):

1) "sudo mkdir -p /Users/Shared/Parallels"

2) "sudo launchctl start com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon"

3) sleep 1 && ps aux | grep prl_disp

then post here the output of the last command and try to start Parallels Desktop again.

PS: You should receive soon reply on support-ticket, if this doesn't help, please reply to the support ticket e-mail and attach to it files /var/log/system.log and /Library/Logs/parallels.log
 
Last edited:
Hello!

> 8:16:01.824 F /disp:330:B0081000/ Can't create Parallels directory /Users/Shared/Parallels
> 18:16:01.906 F /disp:330:B0081000/ Can't create parallels vm directory /Users/Shared/Parallels

It is like that /Users/Shared/Parallels is wrong symlink.
If it is move or remove symlink and restart dispatcher service again:

HOWTO:
to check if it is wrong link :
1. start terminal

2. look to full contest of the /Users/Shared/ folder:
$ ls -la /Users/Shared/

$ ls -la
drwxrwxrwt 5 root wheel 170 Aug 31 23:13 .
drwxr-xr-x 9 root admin 306 Mar 30 17:38 ..
lrwxr-xr-x 1 sergeyt wheel 14 Aug 27 20:41 Parallels -> /Volume/THE_BEST_STORAGE
drwxrwxrwt 105 root wheel 3570 Aug 31 23:12 Parallels.old2


3. if Parallels exists and it is symlink look to the target:
$ ls -l /Volume/THE_BEST_STORAGE
ls: /Volume/THE_BEST_STORAGE: No such file or directory

4. if it is wrong symlink - move or delete wrong symlink and restart dispatcher service
$ sudo mv /Users/Shared/Parallels /Users/Shared/Parallels.wrong-link
$ sudo launchctl start com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon

p.p.s.
Try to check and write any result to this forum thread.

p.p.s.s.
This problem should be fixed in PD4-Update4 / PD5-RC
 
First it was prl_disp_service and now its speed.

Well it was all running smoothly until I created a new PVM under my Wife's login ID. It has now slowed to a crawl under both userids when navigating in WINXP or running any apps, my options are to uninstall and delete all associated files and do a fresh install of Parallels. That could take me well over two hours, seeing as how I have to register WINXP for what seems like the 20th time. I am certain at some point Microsoft is going to make me pay. Another though is to do an uninstall and wait for a proper working version before I do a reinstall. Its a choice between wasting time now looking for a fix or waiting for 2 versions of Parallels to go by before I reconsider it. I test applications for a living and the last thing I want to do when I get home is to test another one for $0.00. Booth camp does not look so bad right now becuase it appears that Parallels will also be playing catch up with newer versions of MAC OS X 10.4, 10.6 and 10.6.1. I would pay double for something that is upgraded to 64 bit and is stable.
 
Purpose of prl_disp_service = spyware?

Hi,
I also got problems with this mysterious prl_disp_service and in my case its probably the company firewall. The effect is a running Parallels desktop but now I have 2 min shutdown lag as there is prl_disp_service waiting for some connections until a timeout. Mesage is:

com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[54] Login failed: Unable to connect to Parallels Service.Make sure that prl_disp_service is running or check your firewall settings. If the problem persists, contact the Parallels support team for assistance. [-2147483063]

Can somebody please explain why there is anyway a need to "phone home" for Paralles? Are you spying on us, checking licenses or ...?

Thanks, Mika
 
same proplem with prl_disp_service in parallels 6

Without even starting parallels 6, it's starts running and consumes 100% cpu. Problem report 15438418 sent. Please advise.
 
Back
Top