Problem ID: 15380

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AnthonyM6, Jan 10, 2017.

1. AnthonyM6

AnthonyM6 Bit poster

Running Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac on a late 2013 iMac, 3.2GHz i5, 32GB Ram, running Sierra 10.12.2 -- I was working in Windows today and a dialog popped up saying a new version of Parallels was available so I clicked to install it. It asked me for my Administrator password and seemed to install. I went to start Windows and it asked for my Administrator password again. It acted like it removed older version and installed but came up with dialog that it could not be installed, Problem ID 15380.

I am the only user on the machine.

I restarted machine and tried again. Same thing. I would appreciate any help.

2. Martin9

Martin9 Member

same here. Latest Parallels update (12.1.2 41525) installed on MacOS Sierra and now at every new start of my VM (W10) I have to enter my admin login data and then it says installing Parallels / removing old version. Hope the Parallels team finds the bug... P.S. @AnthonyM6 if still possible could you please edit the subject to something like "new install bug at every start of Parallels"

3. WimA

WimA Bit poster

same also here. After updating latest update getting error, running on MacOs Sierra
    Can't work for the moment......

Parallels desktop required and admin name and passw to begin the installation.....
    P. Desktop could not be starten, plse try again
    Problem ID 15380

Altough is has been updated since yesterday.

Plse let me know when update is available: dewielen@telenet.be
    Thx

4. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

5. AnthonyM6

AnthonyM6 Bit poster

Unfortunately, that's not it. The only "0" user showing on my system is "Root" which is, according to that article, the way it's supposed to be. No other user, with and/or without the underscore at the beginning is showing "0".

Any other things we can try? I really need to get this working. Any help appreciated!

6. Guys, could you please provide us with the Problem report id.
    Please create problem report right after the issue reproducing.

7. Also, guys, please try to execute this command: sudo chmod -R 755 ~/Documents/Parallels and check.
    Please let us know the results.

8. AnthonyM6

AnthonyM6 Bit poster

I just sent it. ID: 144170086

9. AnthonyM6

AnthonyM6 Bit poster

It asks for my password then it returns "No such file or directory"

10. the first symbol has been changed by system, please execute the command from screenshot

Attached Files:

11. Thank you for your prompt reply, also we're currently working on this issue and the issue's root cause.

12. AnthonyM6

AnthonyM6 Bit poster

Same result....

Martin9 likes this.
  13. Thank you for your reply. We will check you report and provide you with the updates as soon as we get it.

14. AnthonyM6

AnthonyM6 Bit poster

Thank you!

15. Hound1

Hound1 Junior Member

Martin9 likes this.
  16. AnthonyM6

AnthonyM6 Bit poster

Is there any update to this?

17. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hey, please check your private message and follow the steps suggested in the article.

18. Martin9

Martin9 Member

it asks for my password and then I get this message: "martin is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported."

19. Martin9

Martin9 Member

Problem Report ID 145617746 just sent. By the way, I tried to solve the problem with a new installation of PD12 but no success....

20. Thanks for your reply.
    Development team currently working on the resolution and we will let you know, once receive the results.