product reached activation limit...

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by LindsayP1, Oct 12, 2017.

1. LindsayP1

LindsayP1 Bit poster

happily using parallels on my MacBook pro when it got fried following too-close shave with a cup of coffee. reinstalled onto another pro and i'm told i've run out of activation options....i can't de-activate the previous host as it is U/S. how can i get it activated onto my new machine? thanks for any tips.....

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello LindsayP1, Please check your private message and provide us with the necessary details. Thanks!

3. LindsayP1

LindsayP1 Bit poster

Hi Meena - here is the confirmation of my order.... it should still be valid until next April - I think!!
    Thank you for your help
    Lindsay

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @LindsayP1, you're welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!

5. LindsayP1

LindsayP1 Bit poster

Hi there - a bit of a misunderstanding. My mail to you was in response to your request for the activation code i had been issued with when i bought the licence. So I just screen grabbed the invoice (which had the AC on it). This was just proof I had paid... I am still NOT able to activate the licence. PLEASE help! thanks

6. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @LindsayP1 We would request you to respond to our private message with the screenshot of the proof you have.

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @LindsayP1, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please reactivate Parallels Desktop with a Business license key.

8. LindsayP1

LindsayP1 Bit poster

Hi there - thanks for this last message. How do i do this? Sorry to be dim... I seem to still be running the trial (I thought it would have run out as I have been away) but its still going. anyway... where and how can i "activate PD with a Business licence key"? DO you mean the 25 digit number i received when i bought PD licence in April?

9. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @LindsayP1 , yes it is the 30 digit number received at the time of purchase of Parallels Desktop, please refer the steps provided at under "Activation after trial" http://kb.parallels.com/en/124224 to activate your copy of Parallels Desktop.
    Thanks

10. LindsayP1

LindsayP1 Bit poster

Hullo all of you at Parallels who have helped! Activation successful this morning... you have been exceptionally helpful and totally supportive. Thank you sincerely. Parallels continues to get my recommendations and now its after purchase service is added to the good things I tell people about. thank you, all of the respondents. If you can, please can you ensure your management sees this thread. best wishes, Lindsay

11. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!