\\.psf\Home\Desktop is not accessible

Luke Harris

Bit poster
I get the above error message when I log on to the virtual machine. It says that I do not have permission to access this network resources.

I am also unable to open a database that is located on my c: drive. I can browse to it but it doesn't open.

No firewall or anti virus is running.

I am on Parrallels Desktop 4 and running XP.

Thanks in advance for your help...
Luke
 
Thank you for contacting Parallels Technical Support.

Regarding your issue you need to disable "shared folders" and "shared applications" options

Hello Luke,

Please launch Parallels desktop - > configure - > shared folders - > here disable all the options.
configure - > shared application - > here also disable all options.
 
Oh man - now I cant open any of my files.

And I tried to revert it back and it wont. I hope this didn't delete my files.
 
1) Go to start->control panel->add/remove programs.
2) Remove the Parallel Tools.
3) It will reboot after uninstall.
4) Again go to Virtual Machine->Install Parallel Tools.
5) This will install Parallel Tools and reboot..
6) It should work fine.

Then enable all the shared folders and shared applications.
 
Thanks - now I can find my stuff. However when I go to my documents or my music in the start menu it doesnt got to where the documents are.
 
Back
Top