RAM required for Windows 7 Professional

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by scottoham, Jan 27, 2011.

1. scottoham

scottoham Bit poster

hi -

i am new to both Parallels, and the Mac world.
    i have just bought an Imac and have had Parallels 6 installed at the store.
    i need still to buy and install Windows 7 Professional and want to use the XP mode so i can run some existing "older" programs.
    the blogs i have read suggest that this will require 2 gigs of ram ( my imac has 8 ).
    without knowing how ram is dedicated or allocated to virtual windows in parallels, does anyone have both Win 7 Professional with XP mode, and Snow Leopard running and can you suggest how much ram is required to run each?

thanks,
    scottoham

2. saneman

saneman Bit poster

Memory Win 7

I have Win 7 Pro running and I am using 2GB. This plenty for what I am doing. Before starting your Win 7 VM just start Parallels and go to the VM list on the toolbar and open the list and go to configure and it will open up to a mempry allocation page set it there.

Model Identifier: Macmini3,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

3. warriorfullights

warriorfullights Bit poster

That is too bad. I just bought Parallel the other day, but I am already using Windows 7. I think I have to downgrade my OS to XP or Vista at least. I don't have enough money to upgrade my RAM to 2GB at this time. :(

4. saneman

saneman Bit poster

Win 7

You don't have to run it at 2 GB, that's just whats recommended, but you can run it at the default setting which is 1 GB for 64 bit Win 7 and 768 MB for 32 bit Win 7.

5. AerynM

AerynM Bit poster

I feel I need to manage too much. Incredible!

6. NaszmulT

NaszmulT Junior Member

Could you please some one tell me that what is standard RAM size require parallel 7 and windows 7 so that I can get better performance.

______
    NaszmulT [​IMG]

7. kyliej

kyliej Banned

If you are Window 7 run your computer use the 2 GB,or above Ram required for window 7 professional.

8. Banners

Banners Banned

9. yudiki

yudiki Banned

10. joelysis

joelysis Bit poster

2gb or Higher RAM is enough requirements for windows 7 to run in parallel.

11. AshwinD

AshwinD Bit poster

Is it possible I need to a few issue tell me which what's regular RAM MEMORY size call for parallel 7 and also house windows 7 so that I am able to get better performance.

Water Treatment Company

12. BerryM

BerryM Bit poster

When I was running the beta I noticed that my my desktop used about 1.5Gigs but the OS would cache almost the entire rest of my 8 Gigs of ram. So in essences you need at the very least 2 Gigs and I would say 4+ for optimal performance......

Regards,
    Berry

13. SakibS

SakibS Hunter

4gb is enough for better performance.

Thanks text-smiley.png

14. Sarah73H

Sarah73H Bit poster

I have 2GB and it is working pretty good. I am currently running Windows 7 on my system.

15. TrinhT

TrinhT Bit poster

I am using my destop with 2 GB of Ram.
    everything is good now.

Mã giảm giá

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014