Random Mac reboots

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by YuriS, Oct 13, 2010.

1. ride

ride Bit poster

I would'nt care if just the VM crashes - hey, there is Windows inside ;-) But that the whole Mac OS X is restarting without any warning or log entry, that's really bad!

Must be a problem with the Parallels kernel extensions. A normal application process could not crash the whole Mac OS X that way - as far as I know.

2. IvoryC

IvoryC Member

Often happens when I am RDP'ed to another machine or browsing the network from Windows browser.

3. Navitas

Navitas Bit poster

Us to !!!

We have had to upgrade to Parallels 6 in order to run Lion but since upgrading my Mac now randomly restarts itself - it has happened almost every other day !! This is a VM that I upgraded to P6 from P5 and P5 never suffered from this problem.

What are Parallels doing about this - its very annoying that you buy software (well forced to upgrade) to run a virtualised environment just to have it also crash the host OS - so not only do I loose everything I was working on in Windows, but everything in Mac as well !!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX

4. Salahaki

Salahaki Bit poster

Random boot

This is also happening with me once I leave parallels open. I have Parallels 6 and Windows 7.

5. ride

ride Bit poster

Parallels 7 + Lion is fine

Just to note: I did update to Lion and Parallels 7 since a while and do not have any of this issues anymore!

6. Salahaki

Salahaki Bit poster

The same

I have windows 7, parallel 6 and lion OS x with their latest and still the same issue.

7. WilliamPaul

WilliamPaul Member

I to have update to Lion and Parallels 6 and don't have any issue at all