Reinstall Parallels

StuartD1

Junior Member
Hoping someone has seen this before...

My Macbook died, previously here I asked about freeing up the parallels license from the dead computer, this was achieved and I now have a replacement computer.

On the new machine I have performed a backup time machine, to find parallels inoperable. No problem, I drag it to the trash and set about reinstalling from the original DMG file. I double click on the DMG, the wheels grind and open up a dialog box with the "Install" app, I double click on this icon, acknowledge the file was downloaded from the internet and click "open".

The next dialog box gives me the message:
"Parallels desktop can be installed from a disc image only, Please open the parallels desktop DMG file and try again"

Which is where I started... a never ending loop....

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get passed this....?

Thanks,

Stuart.
 
Hoping someone has seen this before...
My Macbook died, previously here I asked about freeing up the parallels license from the dead computer, this was achieved and I now have a replacement computer.
On the new machine I have performed a backup time machine, to find parallels inoperable. No problem, I drag it to the trash and set about reinstalling from the original DMG file. I double click on the DMG, the wheels grind and open up a dialog box with the "Install" app, I double click on this icon, acknowledge the file was downloaded from the internet and click "open".
The next dialog box gives me the message:
"Parallels desktop can be installed from a disc image only, Please open the parallels desktop DMG file and try again"
Which is where I started... a never ending loop....
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get passed this....?
Thanks,
Stuart.
Hi, please clarify, did you download the installation file and after double clicking on it you got "Parallels desktop can be installed from a disc image only, Please open the parallels desktop DMG file and try again". Right?
 
Well.. not "download"...

The dmg file and code information has been sitting on a storage drive since the initial download, so I have returned to that location and attempted to install from there. After double clicking on this a dialog box presents with an icon of the install app, double clicking this results in the failure message...

thanks..
 
Well.. not "download"...

The dmg file and code information has been sitting on a storage drive since the initial download, so I have returned to that location and attempted to install from there. After double clicking on this a dialog box presents with an icon of the install app, double clicking this results in the failure message...

thanks..
We would like to know the Parallels Desktop version you are trying to install and macOS X you are using now.
 
Click Start > Settings > Apps > Apps and Features (or right-click on Start button > Control Panel > Programs and Features) and remove Parallels Tools if present. Proceed with reinstallation. Restart Windows.
 
Click Start > Settings > Apps > Apps and Features (or right-click on Start button > Control Panel > Programs and Features) and remove Parallels Tools if present. Proceed with reinstallation. Restart Windows.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top