Reset my license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by LotharC, Sep 5, 2021.

1. LotharC

LotharC Bit poster

Hi all,

I found a few threads who described the same problem that I'm facing, and they were solved by "Maria from Team Parallels" (https://forum.parallels.com/threads/how-to-reset-the-license.351674/#post-877447), so I'll try my luck with this new thread to an old problem... :)

I have three licenses running on three MacPro. All machines have been replaced by new models once, I simply moved the boot drive to the new machine and re-activated Parallels, no problem. But one machine crashed before I got the new hardware, so I had a temporary replacement. That transistion worked well too, but when the final machine arrived and I wanted to re-activate it, I got: "The license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new copies".

I read the KB article about "New Installation", but when I install it over the current system, nothing changes. I can't afford to erase that system so I thought of clean installing Parallels on a fourth machine, activate the license there (and hoping to de-activate wherever it thinks it's running) and then re-activating it on the trouble Mac. But I'm afraid that Parallels will ban me for that... so, if Maria is listening: could you please reset my license 9MTXH3-...? I won't touch these computers for the next ten years, I promise!!! :)

Thanks & have a nice week,
    Lothar

2. Hi, please sorry for the delay in response
    We've reset your license key, please check the issue and let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. LotharC

LotharC Bit poster

Hi Maria,

thanks for your help, works like a charm now! :)

Have a nice weekend,
    Lothar

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. Thanks a lot for sharing your results and please let us know if we can do something for you in future.