Return Chromium as Virtual Appliance Option

TroyS2

Bit poster
I am very dissapointed that I upgrade to this new version. Is so doing, I lost the ability to install easily install Chrome OS through the control center. Please return the feature or I will be forced to move on to another VM that makes it easier to install it.
Troy
 
Please Return Chrome OS as Virtual Appliance Option! I am an IT support technician working for a School District and not having to drag multiple Chromebooks with me for testing would be very helpful.
Hi,
We've submitted a feature request for our development team. Probably, Chome OS will reappear in one of the next Parallels Desktop versions. Thanks for your concern!
 
I just paid $50 to upgrade to Parallels 15, and was shocked to find that I paid for LESS functionality with the loss of Chrome OS. Add my vote to have this feature reinstated, AND don't charge us again to get it back.
 
I've been searching for weeks online for a solution. Even the old Chrome OS VMs from ex-versions of Parallels (eg 11) dont work anymore! What a bummer. Parallels better introduce it before I go back to VMware Fusion. The ONE and ONLY reason Im still with Parallels is due to the fact they support Mac OS X guests with full-screen/retina display. Only bad part of VMware.
 
Do we have an update for when this will be available? Can yuo provide an image file that we can use (private download link from within the Forum if you must) so that we don't have to wait for another update to the Parallels for Mac client. I need one now to be able to help someone out with an issue and as is stated above this is likely to be a much more frequent need with the increased use of Chromebooks for people working at home...
 
Hi,
We've submitted a feature request for our development team. Probably, Chome OS will reappear in one of the next Parallels Desktop versions. Thanks for your concern!
Well it is September 2020, and as far as I can see it is still not available, I need for helping students with Chromebooks, I am so not going to renew with you again, unless this is fixed in a month
 
You're not the only one. I cut over from Fusion because either way I have to upgrade to support Big Sur and Parallels has supposedly improved so much. I could not port my existing Chromium VM from fusion. It was bad enough I had to get new Windows licenses. It's not there in version 16 and it's annoying.
 
I lost the capacity to introduce effectively introduce Chrome OS through the control place. Kindly return the element or I will be compelled to proceed onward to another VM that makes it simpler to introduce it
 
We are a year down the line. Still no installer option via the app.
Have you an installer you can point us at, as Google are not great at supplying a disk image either.
 
Back
Top