screen recording request does not work

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by ReinhardK1, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Hello, are you using the latest Parallels Access version? Did you try the workaround from @JonathanP9 ?

2. rickl4

rickl4 Bit poster

I tried the workaround and it did not solve the problem. Parallels Access never shows up in the Screen Recording menu. I have rebooted multiple times, reset permissions, followed steps, etc. I am running Prallels Access version 5.6.0 (37430), macbook pro retina 15" (mid 2014), MacOS Catalina (10.15.5).

3. ToddB4

ToddB4 Bit poster

Hello, I'm having the same issues, and have attempted all the previous mentioned actions (uninstall/reinstall, Terminal commands and reboot, Quit app/relaunch). Thanks for looking into this for us :)

4. ChaoukiB

ChaoukiB Bit poster

Hi, i'm having the same issue @Maria@Parallels , any solution please, hope this can be solved before the test period ends!

5. EdinaD

EdinaD Bit poster

Hi, I'm having the same issue !

6. Maria@Parallels

Hello, did you performa any suggested steps above?

7. Maria@Parallels

Hi, what is you Parallels Access version?

8. ChaoukiB

ChaoukiB Bit poster

Hi, Yes i followed all steps but still the same problem!

9. Maria@Parallels

Could you provide us with your Parallels Access version?

10. ToddB4

ToddB4 Bit poster

Just upgraded to version 6, same results. Also, Parallels Desktop version 15.1.4 has crashed every time I've tried to launch it. I may try to uninstall and reinstall everything. Disappointed.

11. Maria@Parallels

Did you get any error message before the crash?

12. ToddB4

ToddB4 Bit poster

Unfortunately, no. Uninstalled all Parallels apps. When I try to reinstall, get the spinning beach ball briefly then nothing happens. Made sure my System Preferences were unlocked for App Store and identified developers, also checked the "don't warn me" when I launched the Parallels Desktop 15 installer. Kinda stuck, can't use any Parallels apps at the moment. :-/

13. ToddB4

ToddB4 Bit poster

FYI, while I'm still unable to enable Screen Recording (or enable Parallels Access), I was ALMOST able to reinstall Parallels Desktop after removing and reinstalling the latest version of Java (version 8 update 261). May just be a coincidence. The installer launched, said "Removing Old Version" then installing new version then crashed. I tried twice, with the same result. I was able to cut and paste the error report into a Note each time - if that info would be of any benefit I can forward. Thx.

14. Maria@Parallels

Hey,
    is it possible to reproduce the issue and collect the tech report right after that.

15. scottc15

scottc15 Bit poster

Yep same issue here, shame as it looked good will need to find another VNC.

16. beta_dmdair

beta_dmdair Bit poster

Same issue here too.

17. Maria@Parallels

Hello, could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced please and post the report's ID here?

18. ParallelsU612

ParallelsU612 Bit poster

Same issue here, fresh install of parallels 16 desktop and parallels access. Nothing in Screenshare section of permissions to check for access to access! Do update users as soon as you have a fix.

19. abdullahD1

abdullahD1 Bit poster