Screen Resolution in Parallels 15

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by alex63, Jun 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. alex63

alex63 Bit poster

Hi, Ive been using parallels 15 and try to change the resolution but the highest resolution option I have is 1920 by 1200. Im using a imac 2017 with 5k retina display and another 4k monitor. Is this because Im using windows 10 without an active key? I see posts of people being able to change their resolution to at least 2560x1440 but I do not have the option. Thanks in advance

2. alex63

alex63 Bit poster

Yes, I installed the tools and it works perfectly. Thank you Maria! also, is there a way I can scale the window symmetrically? Currently I can stretch vertically and horizontally but not together. Thanks!

3. How do you stretch it? with the "black mouse pointer"?

4. alex63

alex63 Bit poster

Yes,I just go to the corner with my mouse. Before I installed the tools I would grab the corner with the mouse and it would shrink or expand proportionally

5. Did you restart your VM before the Parallels Tools reinstallation?

6. alex63

alex63 Bit poster

Yes Ive played with the settings and shut down windows and VM many times

7. Could you please open VM configuration -> Options -> Full screen-> Advanced settings -> Scale to fit screen-> change it to auto, restart your VM and check the issue.

8. alex63

alex63 Bit poster

It was already on auto. So the resolution automatically changes, but I want the horizontal and vertical sides to adjust proportionally so that I dont squash the window horizontally or vertically if that makes sense. So if I grab the corner of the window it would resize accordingly and not allow me to make the window really thin

9. Is it possible to share a short video with us? As I understand you would like to change the window horizontally and get the auto vertically changes with it, am I right?