Sentinel Systems Driver Not working on windows 10 on apple chip M1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JustinJ4, Jul 14, 2021.

1. JustinJ4

JustinJ4 Bit poster

2. KatieE

KatieE Bit poster

Hi Justin,
    I am running into a similar issue. Were you able to find a solution? Thanks!

3. JustinJ4

JustinJ4 Bit poster

Hi KatieE,
    I didn't get any solution on this so far. I did write to Sentinel guys asking for drivers for ARM but didn't get any reply so far.
    Mac M1 has many restrictions which I didn't think of before buying.

4. ARGAS

ARGAS Junior Member

Hi Guys.
    Any luck? I am stuck with my new Macbook Pro 14 M1 Max config without the possibility of run ONE (simply one) app which use HASP/Sentinel USB key.

5. Jean-MichelL1

Jean-MichelL1 Bit poster

Looking for a solution too.

6. ARGAS

ARGAS Junior Member

Hi Everyone,

I asked Thales about the issue but all personel that I asked is on holiday. Will have answer after 10th.
    Maybe if you guys have simillar issue, it would be good to ask them personally about it? The more people ask, the broader sollution we, users might get.

Best,
    Karol

7. JosephD9

JosephD9 Bit poster

@ARGAS, glad to hear. When I called them they asked if I was a customer of theirs, and I explained how I am using a software that uses their services to protect it. "If that's the case, please contact the software company you purchased the software from" and they hung up.

8. ARGAS

ARGAS Junior Member

UPDATE:
    Well, it was the same with me. I just told them that the software company told me to go to you so you guys have to respond :cool:.
    We will see how it goes. So far Thales send me a driver package but it does not work. I sent them all logs after installation - waiting for response.

Best,
    Karol

9. Horacio

Horacio Bit poster

Hi, looking for a solution as well. No luck contacting Thales, nor the software developer... I've tried installing drives and runtime v8.31 available at the following link: https://supportportal.thalesgroup.c...roduct_names=50303b92db852e00d298728dae96199d
    , and at lest the dongle was turning on but the software didn't detect it. I guess we'll have to wait... Every other software I use runs great on M1/win11 except for this one that requires the hasp dongle... I guess I can't sell my old computer yet :(

10. JosephD9

JosephD9 Bit poster

Any update?

11. MaartenV3

MaartenV3 Bit poster

No news yet? I have also same problem with a Sentinel USB protection dongle which is not working on Macbook M1 Max 2021 with Parallels.

12. GiuseppeS2

GiuseppeS2 Bit poster

Hi, I also have the same problem with a program that uses usb dongle .... do you think this problem will be solved? a driver for windows arm would be enough right?

13. GiuseppeS2

GiuseppeS2 Bit poster

Hello, did you find any solutions? Thank you

14. MaartenV3

MaartenV3 Bit poster

Any news? Is there any progress in this case?

15. Robert_Rand

Robert_Rand Bit poster

I'm looking for a solution too. I have a software application with a USB hardware key with Sentinel. Worked fine in Parallels on Intel architecture. I had to replace my laptop and now have a speedy, cool M1 running Monterey. But. The USB device drivers don't work. The USB device driver install appears to go fine inside the Windows environment. But diagnostics show the USB device driver install failed. And, Device Manager shows the USB device is orphaned in an "Other" folder, with no device driver installed- must have low-level-errored out.
    I looked on the Thale support site and didn't see an Arm driver set.
    All downloads at https://supportportal.thalesgroup.c...ge_base_type=6cd6eb15db572b40e49b6d34059619f1
    Any news? Any progress or Arm driver solutions?

16. Robert_Rand

Robert_Rand Bit poster

17. TomParsons

TomParsons Bit poster

I also have this problem, still stuck on an intel MacBook due to not being able to upgrade as the main software I use on parallels requires the sentinel driver

18. TanB1

TanB1 Bit poster

Same here. Saw new drive updated on 2nd Nov 2022 but don't see any mention of Windows 11 ARM so I doubt the new driver include support for that...

19. TedS3

TedS3 Bit poster

Same here too. Is there any news about this solution?
    Im using a mac air m2(Ventura mac os) and paralles 18, but I cannot be used sentinel hardware key.
    I don't know how to run my dongle system.

20. ReneL4

ReneL4 Bit poster

Hi someone solved the problem with the driver, I have tried different drivers without finding