"Show Page Setup Before Printing" Config option doesn't work

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Stephen Van Dellen, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Stephen Van Dellen

Stephen Van Dellen Member

The description of the "Show Page Setup Before Printing" option in the "Share a Printer Connected to Your Mac" section of Parallels' Help says, "Once everything is ready and you click Print in Windows, the macOS window with printing settings appears as well". On my system, when you click Print in a Windows app, the job goes directly to the printer without displaying the macOS printing options. After an hour long remote session, Parallels' support person concluded:
    "The settings or configuration that you want is not available as Windows share printer works different and printer IP address is shared from your Mac side.
    In order to resolve this we have came into conclusion that in order to print duplex side you have to print from mac to get that settings menu."
    This isn't a big deal for me. I mainly use the Mac options to print duplex. I don't do that very often so printing to PDF in Windows and then doing the actual printing with Preview in macOS isn't a serious hardship. I'm posting this mainly so other people won't waste their time trying to figure out how to make it work.
    Config: iMac M1 (ARM) 2021, macOS Monterey 12.1, Windows 11 Home 21H2, Parallels 17.1.1, Attached image shows Shared Printers options

Attached Files: