Snow Leopard Server install error for Parallels 7 and 8

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MattG293, Mar 20, 2013.

1. MichaelLAX

MichaelLAX Member

That is correct!

On my thread for installing Snow Leopard client into Parallels I make the same comment in STEP ONE #2:

2. JumJum

JumJum Junior Member

Alright, next round for me with Parallels Build 8.0.18494
    Trials with several .dmg, .iso., .cdr from Mac OS X Server Install Disc, same *can’t be installed*-result
    Bildschirmfoto-2013-07-08-OS-X-Server-Install.jpg
    Now creating another .cdr from the OS X SL Server Install DVD like @MichaelLAX suggested and giving that a go tomorrow when it’s finshed writing
    Bildschirmfoto-2013-07-08_DiscUtil_cdr.jpg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  3. MichaelLAX

MichaelLAX Member

I still have one unopened copy left of Snow Leopard Server and ready for shipment to you, if you need it...

4. JumJum

JumJum Junior Member

Thanks a lot for the offer MichaelLAX, but i’ve got a real Mac OS X Server Install Disc here from which i created the disc images.
    OSX_ServerDisc_Foto.JPG
    I simply cannot get install SL Server in Parallels with all efforts i made – any hints are very much appreciated.

5. MichaelLAX

MichaelLAX Member

Ah Hah!

That disc will only work to install SLS onto the original Mac Mini that came with that disc; it will NOT install into Parallels.

You need to purchase a new, fresh retail version of SLS (telephone orders only - USA & Canada: 800-MY-APPLE) $20 + S&H.

6. MichaelLAX

MichaelLAX Member

Germany

Here is this tip: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17532667#post17532667

7. JumJum

JumJum Junior Member

To make a long story short: Got a Mac OS X Leopard 10.5 Server Install Disc (instead of Snow Leopard).
    Mac OS X Leopard Server 3D-image.JPG
    ML > Parallels Build 8.0.18494 (latest Update won’t run yet) > Leopard 10.5 Server (Install from Disc) > Freehand MX
    Up and running (slow).
    Freehand Not Dead! 2013-07-24.png
    Thanks a lot @MichaelLAX!

8. MichaelLAX

MichaelLAX Member

Nice work!

9. kimbakat

kimbakat Bit poster

Installing Snow Leopard (Server) works but using .Toast file

Installers.jpg

I was able to successfully install Snow Leopard using a Server disc image..however I had to open the .cdr...use toast to create a .toast file..then choose the toast file as the installing disc image.
    Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 6.38.22 PM.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  10. MichaelLAX

MichaelLAX Member

Nice work!

Were you able to install Office 2004 using its image or did you also have to use Toast image?

11. JumJum

JumJum Junior Member

Looking good

12. kimbakat

kimbakat Bit poster

I'm going to try that today if I get the time.

13. kimbakat

kimbakat Bit poster

BAM! Now I can do things like print 3 slides on a page with my ACTUAL typed NOTES to the right of it each slide...so that when my CLIENT asks for it..I can deliver and deliver those notes to an editor! Thanks Microsoft for sending us back to NEEDING 2004!!!!

This is only ONE example of many why we need to go backwards..to get our shit done! Now I just have to bring back over my old toolbar settings..because guess what..you could do that back then. Save your toolbar setting in a file in case you had to move to another computer or reinstall. BAM..can't do that today!

Installed 2004.jpg

14. kimbakat

kimbakat Bit poster

Love the custom toolbars!!! Which probably in this app STAYS on the screen EXACTLY WHERE YOU SET THEM and dont' move around just because you switched a windwo.... Can't do that now in the new Office 2011. The new and very limited custom toolbars blow. They took buttons away..and you have less control of how they stay.