After going through a PD 7 to PD 8 upgrade disaster, you'd think I would be smart enough to not rush to upgrade to PD 9.
But once a fool, always a fool.
Installing PD 9 on my 2013 MacBook Air (i7, 512GB SSD, 8GB memory) caused every one of my Win7 machines to endlessly search for hardware -- you know the sound. You can open the "devices and printers" control panel applet and watch the virtual keyboard and virtual mouse disappear (kerk-chunck) then reappear (ker-chunck) endlessly.
The Win8 features -- where are they? I tried and tried (before falling back to PD 8) to get a Metro app to run in a window. No luck. Where's the documentation on how to enable the dictionary action in Office 2013? And what wingnut designed "cloud" access so that one has to enable SkyDrive IN WINDOWS to get it to replicate to Mac. Hello -- Microsoft has had a Mac SkyDrive client for at least a year.
What a mess.
I'll come back to it in about 60 days -- but for now, my strong advice to you is not to bother upgrading. Maybe I'll learn something this time.
But once a fool, always a fool.
Installing PD 9 on my 2013 MacBook Air (i7, 512GB SSD, 8GB memory) caused every one of my Win7 machines to endlessly search for hardware -- you know the sound. You can open the "devices and printers" control panel applet and watch the virtual keyboard and virtual mouse disappear (kerk-chunck) then reappear (ker-chunck) endlessly.
The Win8 features -- where are they? I tried and tried (before falling back to PD 8) to get a Metro app to run in a window. No luck. Where's the documentation on how to enable the dictionary action in Office 2013? And what wingnut designed "cloud" access so that one has to enable SkyDrive IN WINDOWS to get it to replicate to Mac. Hello -- Microsoft has had a Mac SkyDrive client for at least a year.
What a mess.
I'll come back to it in about 60 days -- but for now, my strong advice to you is not to bother upgrading. Maybe I'll learn something this time.