SQL Installation Error

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by SudiptaG, Jan 10, 2022.

1. SudiptaG

SudiptaG Bit poster

We have done SQL Server 2019 installations for many customers globally. However, we are faced with this huge problem as follows:

We are unable to install SQL Server 2019 (Express or Standard) in the following scenario:

- MacBook Pro / 2021 Model

- Windows 11 Pro (downloaded the ARM based not x86, which is the right version for my Macbook Pro M1)

In the above environment, my observations so far after reading many threads:

1. SQL Server 2019 can be installed successfully on Windows 10 but I am unable to install Windows 10 in the above environment due to the M1 Chip (ARM based, not x86)

2. Even if I sign up for "Windows Insider Program", Windows 10 ISO File is not available for the above environment

3. The Gurus say: Windows 11 verifies (this is not done by Windows 10) and returns the "Sector Size" and if it is higher than 4K (4096 Bytes), SQL Server installation fails

4. Microsoft Website clearly says that SQL Server 2019 is compatible with Windows 11 (RTM) - so we should safely rule out the issues of Windows 11 pre-release version incompatibility

5. The net result is that I have no option but to somehow get SQL Server 2019 to be successfully installed on Windows 11 in the above environment

My Results after doing the above

SQL Server Standard 2019 Installation Results:

------------------------------------

HELP REQUIRED!

Attached Files:

2. JuanC6

JuanC6 Bit poster

Te funciono ese procedimiento ?