SQL Server on Windows 11 - M1 MACS

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Karthikeyan1, Nov 6, 2021.

1. RoyB10

RoyB10 Bit poster

I now have Act 22.5 premium installed on a mac M1 with windows 11 under Parallels, Once it was worked out what was happening it only took 30 minutes or so to get it all to work.
    Macbook Pro
    Apple M1 Pro chip
    Mac OS Sonoma 14.3
    Parallels 19 for Mac
    Windows 11

2. AmolS

AmolS Bit poster

Hi Lukas, (I'm using Macbook 2021 with M1 Max on Parallel 2019 pro edition on windows 11 ARM processor) I downloaded your install zip folder and extracted it in download folder. Then ran the 2019 Expr .bat file twice but when i try to open SSMS sql instance with windows authentication i get error "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Framework Microsoft SqlClient Data Provider)"
    What am I missing plz let me know.
    Also, how to add or what would be my sysadmin Username and password during this installation ?
    Thanks !

3. johnh86

johnh86 Bit poster

can you please describe the whole process one by one, i am try it on Windows 11 but didnit able to install.