Subscription price after first year

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DavidS10, May 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DavidS10

DavidS10 Bit poster

I have a standalone license for Parallels 12. The price shown to upgrade to the subscription option is $49.99 US. Will the price remain $49.99 per year or will it be $99.99 per year after the first year? Thanks for your help.

2. Hi, $99.99 is the price for full license (or customer who purchase Parallels Desktop at 1st time).
    You've already had Parallels Desktop license, and you do not need to buy full version, and your upgrade price will be 49.99 per year.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. DavidS10

DavidS10 Bit poster

Thank you for the confirmation. At $49.99 per year, it's only like buying a new standalone license each year, so I'll definitely subscribe for the convenience.

4. You can also check this kb article for more info about difference between 1-time purchase and subscription.
    And let us know if you have any help.

5. martin26

martin26 Bit poster

If I subscribe for a year and then end my subscription will my software be inactive?
    So I have to keep paying every year forever if i want to keep using it?
    This is not really attractive.
    You sell Parallels for $79.99 but in fact you are renting it for only one year. This is misleading. Now I see why so many people look for cracked versions.

6. Hi @martin26 , we have also an option to purchase the permanent license key and then if you need -> upgrade it.
    Also there is a different price for the first purchase and for the upgrade. Let us know if you have any questions about it.

7. JeffreyA8

JeffreyA8 Bit poster

Hello,

May you please send me the URL for purchasing the perpetual license key of Parallels Desktop Pro 16?

This is the version of Parallels Desktop Pro 16 I need as of the moment. I don't want to use Parallels Desktop 17 because it has a lot of problems. Parallels Desktop Pro 16 is more stable even though it is older.

Thanks.

8. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, on Parallels Desktop website you can only purchase the latest version permanent license. For purchasing Parallels Desktop 16 permanent license kindly check with any 3rd party reseller like Amazon, eBay etc.