Transferring activation code to a new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BrendaL1, Apr 8, 2017.

1. BrendaL1

BrendaL1 Bit poster

I've just changed to a new mac as I was experiencing issues with my old mac.
    When I click to activate, it says I have reached the max. number of activations available and request me to purchase a new product license and I cannot deactivate the licence on my old mac. What should I do now? Please help.

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello, Brenda. Please refer to the private message sent to you.

3. TomasV1

TomasV1 Bit poster

Hello, i have the same problem. Can you help me too? I cannot work on my computer... :-(

4. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello TomasV1, we have made few changes in Parallels Desktop license key. Please activate now and let us know how it goes.

5. OmarD1

OmarD1 Bit poster

Hello, I'm in the same boat. I just got a new mac and cannot use my old license key. May I get some help?

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes. Please try activating it again.

7. OmarD1

OmarD1 Bit poster

That worked, thanks Ajith!

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

That's great! Please let us know if you have any questions about the product and we are happy to help!

9. Amos1

Amos1 Bit poster

Hello, i have the same problem. Can you help me too? I cannot work on my computer... :-(

10. MitchellO

MitchellO Bit poster

Hi there,
    I'm having this problem too. Sold my MacBook and picked up a MBP and getting this licensing activation issue.

Thanks

11. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello Amos1, we have reset your Parallels Desktop license key. Please activate once again and keep us posted.

12. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello MitchellO, we have reset your Parallels Desktop license key. Please activate it once again and keep us posted.

13. DavidB34

DavidB34 Bit poster

Hi

Same problem with reactivation. license key not accepted.

Thanks

14. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello DavidB34, we have made few changes. Please activate it once and let us know how it goes.

15. DavidB34

DavidB34 Bit poster

Tried to activate still same problem. Used instant download from account page using link provided by clever bridge customer support, noted that this was parallel 11 not 10 as originally purchased. Download failed to mount stating requires disk image!!!

Downloaded parallel 10 from support page this fails to activate.

Help

16. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @DavidB34, if the issue persists, please open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online and let us know how it works. Thanks!

17. DavidB34

DavidB34 Bit poster

Hi
    Up and running but don't know why. Sorted before your last reply
    Deleted all parallel software and downloads to trash, reinstalled with new download from clever bridge customer support link, i.e. version 11. in finder opened with parallel 10.4 app, not diskimagemounter, which started an update download. this installed an activated parallel ver 11, no activation code entered. Parallel help about shows to be a fully activated version 11.2.3 (32663).
    Now have parallel 11 and windows on mac, thanks for help

DJB

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi DavidB34,
    If you have activated the license or used a license earlier on the same Mac then the license information will be saved in a file on your Mac. Parallels Desktop will used the details on the file to activate the product on your Mac with any activation key.

19. JasonB13

JasonB13 Bit poster

Hello-
    I just purchased a new Mac and I am having trouble using my license key.
    Please help.
    Thank you.

20. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JasonB13 , please let us know more about your issue, we will check and help you out.