Transferring activation code to a new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BrendaL1, Apr 8, 2017.

1. PeteR18

PeteR18 Bit poster

Hi, I am trying to move my license to a new mac. I have uninstalled parallels on all other macs. I still am not able to activate on the new mac. Can a support person help?

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Pete. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

3. DaleK1

DaleK1 Bit poster

Same issue here. Old Mac is long since wiped and returned to my previous employer. I can't believe the only solution you have is asking in a forum and don't have a way on the web to deactivate an old computer to free up a license.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DaleK1 , we have made necessary changes, please open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.