trying to delete a virtual machine from my Mac computer fail

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by huanchens, Mar 20, 2023.

1. huanchens

huanchens Bit poster

Hello, I am trying to delete a virtual machine from my Mac computer running Parallels Desktop, but I am having trouble finding the virtual machine's registration information. I have tried running the 'prlctl list -a' command, but the virtual machine still appears in the Parallels Control Center and I cannot delete it. I also tried to locate the parallels.xml file in the /Users/xxx/Library/Parallels/ directory, but it does not seem to exist. Can you please help me resolve this issue?

prlctl list -a
    UUID STATUS IP_ADDR NAME
    {efb213e7-0fa6-4723-b461-5883c1acc5a9} suspended - Ubuntu Linux
    {a6ad2ded-7ba6-4140-a170-96009688b08c} suspended - Windows 10

sudo prlctl delete {efb213e7-0fa6-4723-b461-5883c1acc5a9}
    Password:
    Failed to get VM config: The virtual machine could not be found. The virtual machine is not registered in the virtual machine directory on your Mac.

sudo prlctl unregister {efb213e7-0fa6-4723-b461-5883c1acc5a9}
    Failed to get VM config: The virtual machine could not be found. The virtual machine is not registered in the virtual machine directory on your Mac.

2. huanchens

huanchens Bit poster

Best Answer
    From Twitter replies , i found the deleted vm file in '/private/var/root/.Trash/' .
    Then i remove it . problem solved

3. huanchens

huanchens Bit poster

4. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello hunanchens,

Kindly collect a technical report (click the Parallels icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide its 9-digit ID here.

huanchens likes this.
  5. huanchens

huanchens Bit poster

Thank you for your reply, ID. 421072920

6. huanchens

huanchens Bit poster

Thank you for your reply, ID. 421072920

7. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

Could you not simply drag drop either the entry or the file of the VM itself to the trash? That's how I've done it in the past.

8. huanchens

huanchens Bit poster

I tried. It didn't work.

Attached Files:

9. huanchens

huanchens Bit poster

Best Answer
    From Twitter replies , i found the deleted vm file in '/private/var/root/.Trash/' .
    Then i remove it . problem solved