Hi,
My previously working installation of Ubuntu (11.04) running "Unity" (desktop environment) now fails on OSX Lion (10.7) with Parallels (6.0.12094).
Prior upgrading to Lion and the latest Parallels, "Unity" worked just fine, but now the desktop only partially loads and exhibits a display error (screenshot attached).
In case my my VM somehow became broken, I created a brand new VM with clean install of Ubuntu. On first boot Ubuntu advised that my machine was not capable of running "Unity" and subsequently loaded "Gnome" instead. Ubuntu update manager downloaded a number of packages and rebooted.
Once started up, I see the exact same problem exhibited on my original Ubuntu VM.
Has anyone else encountered this? (meaning it's probably a Parallels problem and not something I can fix).
thanks Adrian
My previously working installation of Ubuntu (11.04) running "Unity" (desktop environment) now fails on OSX Lion (10.7) with Parallels (6.0.12094).
Prior upgrading to Lion and the latest Parallels, "Unity" worked just fine, but now the desktop only partially loads and exhibits a display error (screenshot attached).
In case my my VM somehow became broken, I created a brand new VM with clean install of Ubuntu. On first boot Ubuntu advised that my machine was not capable of running "Unity" and subsequently loaded "Gnome" instead. Ubuntu update manager downloaded a number of packages and rebooted.
Once started up, I see the exact same problem exhibited on my original Ubuntu VM.
Has anyone else encountered this? (meaning it's probably a Parallels problem and not something I can fix).
thanks Adrian