Unable to Activate. "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer..."

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by Raja1, May 19, 2020.

1. Raja1

Raja1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have Product key for Parallels Desktop for Mac 12. When I am trying activate I am getting below error.
    "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies."
    I am trying on my new Macbook Pro. Unfortunately I sold my old Macbook before signing out of Parallels.
    How to activate now on new Macbook Pro. Please do the needful.
    Thanks

JIMM17 likes this.
  2. Hello,
    we've changes some internal settings of your key, please check the issue.

3. YashasV

YashasV Bit poster

Hello,
    I have the same problem as well. I have retired my old Macbook and trying to activate my Parallels 14 permanent license on my new Macbook.
    I do not get `Activate on this Mac` option. It just says `This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies.`
    Requesting help on this.

PS: I have logged out of my Parallels on my old Macbook.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the key. Try to activate again and check.

5. mingwang

mingwang Bit poster

My problem is same as #1. I have Product key for Parallels Desktop for Mac 12. When I am trying activate I am getting below error.
    "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies."
    I am trying on my new Macbook Pro. Unfortunately I sold my old Macbook before signing out of Parallels.
    How to activate now on new Macbook Pro. Please do the needful.
    Thanks

6. Hello,
    we've reset your Parallels Desktop 12 key, please check the activation issue and let us know the results.

7. Dougy

Dougy Bit poster

HI, I have a similar issue. I'm trying to move my installation of Parallels Desktop for Mac 11 from my old Mac mini to my new one. I signed out on the old installation and tried to sign in on the new one, but it gives an error message that I have reached the maximum number of activations available for my activation key. Can someone help me with this?

8. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

@Dougy We have replied to you in a private conversation.

9. JIMM17

JIMM17 Bit poster

I've just faced the same issue just now. Moving to a new MacBook Pro, can please help advice how do I solve this? Urgently need to use it now for work. Thanks.
    PS: I've already signed out and uninstalled from the previous MacBook.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your Parallels Desktop 11 key. You can use it again.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  11. JIMM17

JIMM17 Bit poster

Hi Ajith, thanks for your swift action. It is now activated. Thank you! :)

12. HocV

HocV Bit poster

Need to move to another Mac, pls reset Parallels Desktop 11 key. Thank you

13. HocV

HocV Bit poster

Have already signed out of the other Mac.

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the key. You can try to activate.

15. BenA8

BenA8 Bit poster

Hello, I have the same issue. I am using Parallels 11. Please can you reset my key.

Thanks,

16. Hello, done, please check.

17. BenA8

BenA8 Bit poster

Working, thank you.

18. DanielB37

DanielB37 Bit poster

Exact same issue here while running Parallel 15. I have a defective MacBook Pro, so I signed out of Parallels 15 and also uninstalled it. Then went back to a new MacBook Pro, installed the latest of Parallels 15, but getting the infamous "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies.".. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

19. Hi, we've reset your key. Please check the issue and let us know the results.

20. ptd

ptd Bit poster

I am licensed for Parallels 10 and recently have been forced to restore to different hardware and I have hit an activation limit, please assist.

-pd