"Unable to connect Hard Disk 0" Parallels 12 issue with High Sierra?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HenrikG1, Oct 17, 2017.

1. HenrikG1

HenrikG1 Bit poster

Hiya.

I get
    "Unable to connect Hard Disk 0" error when I use Parallels 12 with Windows 10 Bootcamp after updating from Sierra to High Sierra. Additionally I can't seem to shut down the VM as it is in an endless startup loop, which means I can't change settings for Parallels Desktop. Anyone has a work around for this?

I can't seem to find anything on it.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Cheers,
    Henrik

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

HenrikG1 likes this.
  3. HenrikG1

HenrikG1 Bit poster

@Alfena@Parallels
    Thanks for the response!

I tried it out and could only get it to work with keeping SIP disabled. This is not ideal. Is it a way to do it without disabling SIP? I recently bought Parallels 12 and I don't really feel like paying out again so soon for an upgrade when 12 was working fine.

Again thanks for your help.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello HenrikG1, as of now this is the workaround for Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. We have already forwarded the request to the Engineering team and we will let you know once we have an update regarding this. Thanks!

5. HenrikG1

HenrikG1 Bit poster

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @HenrikG1 , you are welcome. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

7. SnoopyW

SnoopyW Bit poster

I have also encountered this problem using PD12. SIP has to be disabled for my Win10 VM in Bootcamp to work. Any update fix for me? Thanks.

8. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

hello
    SnoopyW, Please update the Parallels Desktop 13 to the latest build, Kindly follow the instructions from this link < https://bit.ly/2leS2UM >.

9. SnoopyW

SnoopyW Bit poster

But I have no licence for PD13. I only have licence key for PD12. How can I update?

10. MatthewD8

MatthewD8 Bit poster

I just encountered this issue today when I upgraded to Sierra. Please help! Snip20180702_4.png Snip20180702_3.png Snip20180702_2.png

11. EdgardoL

EdgardoL Bit poster

Is Parallels going to support version 12 for this problem or do we need to pay for 20 licenses we have with the same problem that its been close to a year, even when some of the licenses had less that 2 months bought.
    Please give us some feedback

HakanD likes this.