Unable to connect to the server.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by Raymundo, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Raymundo

Raymundo Bit poster

I can not connect.

2. Lucamene

Lucamene Bit poster

Connections to server problems

Same problem here. both from my MAc and from my iPad

The error is:

"Unable to connect to server

Please check your network connection and try again"

My network connection is ok, Interneet connection is working.

3. SteVio

SteVio Bit poster

Same problem here. My Ipad has a connection but my PC not

4. same here on my ipad.

5. DennisBijl

DennisBijl Bit poster

Same here on iPad and MacBook Air, internet is fine. Looks like pax-manager.myparallels.com is down or under heavy traffic suffering?

6. DennisBijl

DennisBijl Bit poster

After severall times trying I finally have been able to log in, just keep trying. I think some server is overloaded.

7. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi All -we did experience some short slowing down and a few time-outs earlier - all good to go now.

Chris

8. SerMont

SerMont Member

Today I got this product (parallels access) together with new version of PD 9.. I installed it on my Mac mini and on Ipad, It doesn't work! I getting message on Ipad - unable to connect to Mac mini... I am very surprised.. Parallels Desktop is very good product. But Parallels access isn't!!! No support, no guide, no access.. Even this forun is very poor for Desktop access. If you offer your product you need to be sure that it works well, I think it is not good issue for brand Parallels. Tell me that is not true. Or help me....Please

9. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi SerMont,

Thanks for posting - There were some latency issues this morning which as noted earlier, were solved.

Support is offered in several ways for in Parallels Access. There is a feedback form directly in the App, a support resource page at http://www.parallels.com/support/desktop-virtualization/parallels-access/ as well as our self service KB's. The complete user guide is also available on our support page.

The main reason for an "unable to connect" is when Parallels Access is installed in a virtual machine as it should be installed directly on your Mac Mini. If you need support, there is always self-service support available on our website or by submitting a support ticket at www.parallels.com.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Chris

10. JeffM7

JeffM7 Bit poster

This has happened to me today in that my iPad cant connect even though I can get web pages up and running

11. JeffM7

JeffM7 Bit poster

Just letting the forum masters know that its still happening... looking for reliability with the Access thing

12. SerMont

SerMont Member

Dear Chris, what/s mean it should be installed directly on your Mac Mini? It was installed like a regular application on Mac mini....

13. SerMont

SerMont Member

Dear Chris, Parallels access was installed on my Mac mini like a regular application.... And its status in accessible (green). But I can't get access from my Ipad>>

14. JeffM7

JeffM7 Bit poster

Hi Chris,

The Access on my iPad seems to be having trouble connecting to the internet. All other apps have been installed in accordance with Parellels instructions.... any other suggestions?

CHeers

JeffM

15. RicardoPa

RicardoPa Bit poster

I'll second (sixth?) that I was getting the same error.

I turned my iPad off / on - by actually shutting it down and restarting and I connected just fine after the reboot.

16. SerMont

SerMont Member

No, It's not working for me... Connection failed......

17. russ3022

russ3022 Bit poster

Started Agent, logged in. All I get is the spinning gear showing something is happening, but never gets to the next screen, even after several minutes. I've been trying since yesterday noon without success. This AM I did get through for a while, but the iPad2 Access app was not able to connect to my iMac (got the "Connection Failed -- Failed to connect to the remote computer" message). I signed out of Agent, and have not been able to get through since, even after several tries.

Is there a capacity issue with your server, or is this a case of the 'Early Adopter's Blues'?

russ3022

iMac 21", late 2012, 16GB RAM, OS 10.8.4

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  18. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Just tested the connection - works fine.
    Guys, are your Mac/PC and iPad on the same network or on different networks? Need a bit more detail on the issue.

19. russ3022

russ3022 Bit poster

On the same network. Agent finally got through; in 'Accessible' state. On iPad2 Access still getting 'Connection Failed -- failed to connect to the remote computer' message after a several seconds. Is there some obscure setting in the iMac 'preferences' or iPad 'settings' that I might be overlooking?

I've tried deleting and re-installing the Access app, resetting the iPad, all to no avail.

What other details do you need that might help?

russ

20. russ3022

russ3022 Bit poster

Another strange thing: Access did seem to sense when I turned off Agent 'Accessible' button, going to "OFFLINE' indication, so it 'knows' whether my iMac is there when Agent is attempting to make a connection (yellow indicator on at which time Access allows me to try to connect even though it gives me a 'Connection Failed' message after a few seconds), well as when the indicator is green.

Also if I 'Quit Parallels Access' from the menu, my iPad Access doesn't go to an 'OFFLINE' message. When i subsequently re-open Agent from the Dashboard the screen gives me a 'Turning On...' yellow indicator as if I'm still signed in, at which time Access still indicates 'OFFLINE'. If I click on 'Sign Out' and sign back in, the Access 'OFFLINE' goes away and allows me to try connecting by touching the screen with a 'Connection Failed' message appearing on the screen. Meanwhile back at Agent, it is still trying (rotating gear) to get through. Hasn't gone green yet.

'curiouser and curiouser', since others are up and running.

Hope the preceding as confusing as it appears might give a clue to figure this out. Thanks for all your efforts.

russ3022