Unable to install Lubuntu in new VM

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by JeffP9, Jan 3, 2019.

1. JeffP9

JeffP9 Bit poster

Latest version of Lubuntu (18.10), latest version of Parallels, on MacBook Pro 2016 running 10.13.6. Unable to boot into Lubuntu, get the following in kernel panic text

[ 0.104751] ACPI error: AE_NOT_FOUND, Evaluating _CRS (20180531/pci_link-274)

After a bit it changes to this, with the second line coming minutes after the first:

[ OK ] Started Terminate Plymouth Boot Screen.
    [ OK ] Started Set console scheme.

After that last line, I'm leaving it running in case it's actually doing anything (a dozen other times, I reset before now and played with various settings.) Can someone tell me what to do here?

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @JeffP9 , Lubuntu (18.10) is incompatible with Parallels Desktop 14. Please roll-back to 18.04 which is compatible.

3. mmika

mmika Pro

Hi @JeffP9 , this doesn't look as kernel panic message. It's just a warning message.
    Could you send technical data to Parallels (formely know as Report a problem menu item) and share its ID here?

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. WillemR

WillemR Bit poster

Same warning here with KALI 2019.1

upload_2019-2-19_16-19-55.png

5. mmika

mmika Pro

Did you try to press ctrl+alt+f1/f2? Try to switch console to another terminal.

6. WillemR

WillemR Bit poster

Sorry, maybe I should be more precise. The VM boots fine after this warning
    upload_2019-2-20_9-12-48.png

7. fuZZynat0r

fuZZynat0r Bit poster

I ran in the same issue with KDENEON Dev.. as well as some weird behavior in Kali KDE. Where it states "$Display not found cannot connect to x"
    Since I've seen this issue several times I strongly believe there need to be some update for Parallels?

8. FelipeR3

FelipeR3 Bit poster

I've just converted a Lubuntu from Virtualbox to Parallels and it works just fine.