Hi,
I just got my new MacBook today (2.16 MHz/2 GB/160 GB) and installed Parallels right away, using Transporter to bring over my Windows XP Pro installation. It was mostly a snore (some moments of angst but I've been working with Windows for a long time). Now I'd like to get the really cool features of Parallels working -- like Parallels Tools and Coherence -- but I'm running into some snags. When I try to install Parallels Tools, It gives me the Blue Screen of Death immediately. The screen goes by too fast to see what it's complaining about. I see that a couple of other people have asked about the same problem and received no reply. Please -- at very least -- let me know that someone is looking into it.
Second: Coherence mode doesn't seem to work at all. Is this related to the above (do I have to have Parallels Tools installed in order for Coherence to work)?
Lastly: I've tried to reconfigure my VM (It has 512 MB of RAM and I'd like to double that). When I try to run configuration, it says it can't do it with the VM running. When I stop the VM, the configuration screen goes bye-bye. What to do?
Thanks in advance,
Mark
I just got my new MacBook today (2.16 MHz/2 GB/160 GB) and installed Parallels right away, using Transporter to bring over my Windows XP Pro installation. It was mostly a snore (some moments of angst but I've been working with Windows for a long time). Now I'd like to get the really cool features of Parallels working -- like Parallels Tools and Coherence -- but I'm running into some snags. When I try to install Parallels Tools, It gives me the Blue Screen of Death immediately. The screen goes by too fast to see what it's complaining about. I see that a couple of other people have asked about the same problem and received no reply. Please -- at very least -- let me know that someone is looking into it.
Second: Coherence mode doesn't seem to work at all. Is this related to the above (do I have to have Parallels Tools installed in order for Coherence to work)?
Lastly: I've tried to reconfigure my VM (It has 512 MB of RAM and I'd like to double that). When I try to run configuration, it says it can't do it with the VM running. When I stop the VM, the configuration screen goes bye-bye. What to do?
Thanks in advance,
Mark